Medical Science Liaison Inflammation (RA /Gastro) Southern Netherlands - Leiden
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), and in the US, (Boston).
We are in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for a Medical Science Liaison Inflammation for Southern Netherlands for our first product in inflammation.
Are you ready conquer the world and make it happen with us?
Scope of the job
As Medical Science Liaison (MSL) your role is field-based in the Southern part of the Netherlands (Brabant - Zeeland -Rotterdam - Utrecht -Limburg) and will provide medical support within the inflammation/gastroenterology area. The MSL reports to the Medical Manager. And is responsible to liaise with leaders and healthcare professionals, in academic and clinical centers for scientific exchange and data generation to ensure appropriate implementation and use of our treatment options within Rheumatology / Gastroenterology and provide strategic input to the company Medical Affairs Plan.
- Act as medical and scientific expert in Inflammation (rheumatology / gastroenterology), responsible to discuss disease state, our products (reactively only pre-launch), patient treatment trends and studies on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of external clinical and non-clinical stakeholders (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies, and other stakeholders) in line with the overall stakeholder mapping
- Identify scientific exchange needs of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), investigators and other stakeholders in patient care, establish strong professional relationships, provide credible scientific expertise and serve as a liaison to Global Medical, Global Clinical and external partners
- Ensure compliant communication and education of the emerging product portfolio to meet the educational and professional needs of Galapagos’ key customers
- Present clinical and disease state information to a variety of audiences, both internally and externally (including KOLs, formulary/decision makers and other HCPs)
- Respond within defined timeline and quality standards to unsolicited inquiries from HCPs and other stakeholders; forwards reports of adverse events according to Galapagos’ policy
- Conduct therapeutic area training for Sales and Medical or other colleagues upon request
- Support design and implementation of scientific programs with external experts and Global Medical Affairs (RWE, IIR etc)
- Provide scientific liaison support to Investigators currently involved in the Company sponsored interventional or observational studies and investigator initiated research (IIR)
- Data gap identification: signal the need for investigator-initiated research and ensure they are discussed within the Medical Affairs department
- Registries: gain insights on ongoing country registries and ensure potential value is discussed with the Medical Affairs department
- Serve as scientific resource at key medical, scientific, and patient advocacy conferences as assigned
- Planning, organization and participation in Medical Education activities
- Build medical education programs, in line with Medical Affairs plan
- Identify/support/educate speakers
- Care optimization projects: identify local needs and develop and propose care optimization projects, if applicable
- Organization and participation in country/regional Advisory Boards, in line with Medical Affairs plan
- Maintain personal expertise in relevant disease areas, Galapagos’ products and MSL best practices
- Ensure all activities deployed are in line with applicable pharmaceutical laws, guidelines and regulations, including, but not limited to ICH, GCP, Code of Ethical Practices and company policies
Who are you?
- An advanced degree in life sciences (MD, PharmD or PhD or equivalent) is preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a field MSL or equivalent expertise is required
- Medical, clinical or research experience in Inflammation and / or Gastroenterology is required
- Able to exchange scientific ideas and information openly and effectively and establish credible and long-lasting relationships with key opinion leaders and with colleagues;
- With personal impact through engaging respectfully and professionally: demonstrates strong leadership, influencing and negotiation skills
- Able to manage challenging conversations and handle objections
- Established track record of effective and influential oral presentations of scientific and medical data to small and large audiences
- Highly motivated and self-directed with ability to think innovatively & strategically, skillfully plan, manage and prioritize multiple projects independently; demonstrates resilience and flexibility
- Show business acumen and patient centricity
- Able to work effectively in virtual teams and matrix teams: coordinate and drive a complex and changing environment
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English.
- Above average computer skills (MS Office, databases, etc)
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!