Medical Science Liaison Gastroenterology, Southern Italy
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Medical Science Liaison Gastroenterology, Southern Italy! Are you ready conquer the world and make it happen with us?
Scope of the job
- The role of a Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) is to be a therapeutic area scientific expert in Inflammation, Gastroenterology, responsible for discussing our products, patient treatment trends and studies in the therapeutic areas in which we are involved, on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of external clinical and non-clinical stakeholders (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies, and other stakeholders) in line with the overall stakeholder mapping and to be considered a trusted scientific counterpart and partner.
- The MSL role is field based. Serve as a field-based extension of the Medical Affairs team. And HCP related activities expected to comprise 80-95% of MSL responsibilities
- Through scientific interactions, gain valuable insights into treatment patterns, and scientific activities in the therapeutic area and provide strategic input to the company Medical Affairs Plan
- Through scientific interactions with external stakeholders, increase medical value of our products, fairly based on the risk-benefit profile of our drugs and contribute to fostering innovative therapeutic approaches to benefit patients.
- Through activities in line with the Medical Affairs Plan, the MSL is jointly responsible for the realization of short-term and long-term company goals, and accountable for execution of the MSL activities described in the relevant country specific Medical Affairs plan.
Education and qualifications
- An advanced degree in life sciences (MD, PharmD or PhD or equivalent) is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a field MSL is required
- Has an established track record of effective and influential oral presentations within the healthcare profession
- Demonstrative therapeutic experience/research or substantive patient care experience is required (3 years minimum)
- Medical, clinical or research experience in Inflammation, Gastroenterology area is required
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in Italian and English
- Strong leadership, influencing and negotiation skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed with ability to think innovatively & strategically, skillfully plan, manage and prioritize multiple projects independently; demonstrates resilience and flexibility
- Above average computer skills (MS Office, databases, etc)
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!