Pleased to meet
you, we are Galapagos, a
dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium
(Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland
(Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), and
in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Medical Manager for our affiliate in Spain
Scope of the job
You will be key to develop our medical strategy in Spain! Are you ready to conquer the world and make it happen with us?
We are looking for a new colleague in our medical affairs department in Spain, with a solid scientific background in Inflammation and Rheumatology, including rheumatoid arthritis, with a genuine interest to advance science and healthcare to meet patient’s needs.
Examples of your key responsibilities:
- You will hold scientific leadership through the design of the medical plan, following strategic and budgetary guidelines.
- Act as a strategic therapeutic area lead and product scientific expert.
- You will propose Study Plans, local publications, medical education programs, scientific assessments and any proposal aimed at improving health professionals and internal groups of interest (sales reps, KAMs and MSLs) knowledge.
- Act as a local disease/product subject matter expert with external scientific leaders, policy makers, patient advocacy groups and/or regulatory authorities
- Work with the Global Medical Team (GMT) to develop local medical strategy, including e.g. in-line R&D LCM strategy, publications strategy, congress strategy, customer interaction strategy
- Establish and/or enhance partnerships with key local academic institutions and develop relationships with key thought leaders
- Establish appropriate partnerships with KOLs in areas of scientific interest
- Develop and maintain knowledge of local pharmaceutical regulations, guidelines, codes of practices and Galapagos policies related to all medical activities.
- You will work collaboratively with the Commercial and Access areas to elaborate and consolidate the Brand Plan
Who are you?
- Medical or scientific degree (PhD or Pharm D)
5-7 years of experience in biopharmaceutical medicine
3-5 years demonstrated experience in medical affairs and in field-based roles (e.g. Medical Director, Medical Science Liaison, Medical Advisor)
- Solid experience in immune-mediated inflammatory disease (IMID) especially in rheumatology and Inflammatory bowel disease, through clinical or biopharmaceutical experience or education is mandatory.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically from a medical perspective about how to medically support the growth of a brand on a country level
- Demonstrated business acumen and operational skills
- Ability to manage teams and drive initiatives without direct line management authority
- Good analytical skills as applied to medical, scientific and technical information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English
- Ability to represent company’s interest in local scientific forums as needed
- Good negotiation skills and assertiveness
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!