Medical Communications Lead IBD
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Medical Communications Lead IBD to support our Global Medical Affairs team, reporting to the Head Scientific Content & Communications.
Scope of the job
The Medical Communications Lead will be part of Scientific Content & Communications team and the wider Global Medical Affairs (GMA) team. The role will provide leadership and effective management in the development of medical/scientific communication activities & deliverables to support the Inflammation therapeutic area.
- Drives and executes the therapeutic area and indication-specific Medical Communications tactical plan as part of the overarching Medical Affairs plan
- Ensures scientific excellence, compliance and integrity in the development of medical communication materials, and ensures that clinical study results and other scientific information can be shared in an accurate, balanced, timely, compliant and compelling manner
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with internal stakeholders (PV, IP/Legal, Investor Relations, Regulatory, Research, Global Medical Affairs, Affiliates etc.), commercialization partners and external professional/educational organizations to advance departmental and corporate objectives
- Partners with colleagues within the Scientific Content & Communications team, including Medical Information, Publications and Training, to seek synergies and ensure alignment between project & deliverables
- Supports scientific content development for congress activities and other external communication events; Drives, coordinates and communicates activities related to pre- and post-congress medical education materials
- Supports the medical review of promotional material within assigned therapeutic area product portfolio to ensure accuracy & consistency
- Identifies, selects and manages 3rd party providers and independent contractors and associated budget
Who are you?
- Master’s degree in Life Sciences or equivalent is required. A medical degree, PhD or PharmD is desired
- ≥5 years of experience within medical affairs or clinical research roles in the pharmaceutical industry (e.g. Publications/Scientific Writing, Medical Information, Medical Communications, Medical Education), 3 years of which include medical communications
- Scientific expertise in the disease/therapeutic area is highly preferred
- In-depth understanding of legal requirements, regulatory issues, codes of practice and procedures in the provision of Medical Communication services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated ability to effectively present information to senior management, employees at all levels of the organization, and external audiences; Fluency in written and spoken English is a prerequisite.
- Ability to drive alignment cross-functionally and partner with key internal and external stakeholders; strong relationship management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in managing vendors
- Focus on accountability and ownership
- Unquestioned ethics
What’s in it for you?
At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!