Medical Advisor Inflammation Rheumatology - France
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in US, (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Medical Advisor Inflammation Rheumatology!
Scope of the job
Due to our exciting collaboration with Gilead Sciences, we are looking for a Medical Advisor to support our inflammation rheumatology
medical team in France! Are you ready conquer the world and make it happen with us?
We are looking for a new colleague in our medical affairs department in France with a solid scientific background in Inflammation and Rheumatology, including rheumatoid arthritis, with a genuine interest to advance science and healthcare to ultimately meet patient’s needs.
Examples of your key responsibilities:
- Serve as a local Medical representative on standing and project-based cross-functional teams
- Act as a local disease/product subject matter expert with external scientific leaders, policy makers, patient advocacy groups and/or regulatory authorities
- Work with the Global Medical Team (GMT) to develop local medical strategy, including e.g. in-line R&D LCM strategy, publications strategy, congress strategy, customer interaction strategy
- Support development of the in-year tactical plan and budget for the local initiatives
- Provide medical assessment of Investigator Initiated Research (IIR) proposals and other grants and be the local representative at the grants committee for the respective studies
- Establish and/or enhance partnerships with key local academic institutions and develop relationships with key thought leaders
- Plan and managing local medical Advisory Boards and conferences
- Establish appropriate partnerships with KOLs in areas of scientific interest
- Develop and maintain knowledge of local pharmaceutical regulations, guidelines, codes of practices and Galapagos policies related to all medical activities
- Conduct therapeutic training programs for Galapagos sales reps, KAMs and MSLs as needed
Who are you?
- Medical or scientific degree (PhD or Pharm D)
at least 3-5 years of experience in medical affairs and/or in field-based roles (e.g. Medical Director, Medical Science Liaison, Medical Advisor) is mandatory. Experience with biopharmaceutical medicine is a big plus
- Solid experience in rheumatology, including rheumatoid arthritis, through clinical or biopharmaceutical experience or education is ideal
- Ability to think strategically and tactically from a medical perspective about how to medically support the growth of a brand on a country level
- Demonstrated business acumen and operational skills
- Ability to manage teams and drive initiatives without direct line management authority
- Good analytical skills as applied to medical, scientific and technical information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English
- Ability to represent company’s interest in local scientific forums as needed
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!