Medical Advisor Inflammation Rheumatology - Denmark / Norway
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), the Nordics (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland), Austria (Vienna) and in US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Medical Advisor Inflammation (Rheumatology) for Denmark/Norway.
Scope of the job
As Medical Advisor (MA) your role is mostly field-based and will provide medical support in Denmark and Norway within the inflammation area/rheumatology. The MA reports to the Sr. medical Director Nordics and Alpine. The MA is responsible to liaise with key stakeholders, leaders and healthcare professionals in academic and clinical centers for scientific exchange and data generation to ensure appropriate implementation and use of our treatment options within inflammatory diseases/rheumatology.
- Exchange complex clinical and scientific information with the rheumatology community;
- Respond to and document unsolicited requests for scientific information;
- Establish and maintain ongoing scientific collaborative relationships with Therapy Area Experts (TAEs) (including physicians, nurses and patient advocacy groups);
- Identify and support local data generation activities;
- Conference coverage (national and international) including staffing exhibits, reporting on scientific sessions, and facilitating meetings with TAEs;
- Provide clinical/scientific presentations to internal and external groups;
- Provide support for content development and delivery of Advisory Boards;
- Ensure optimal collaboration with other field based colleagues and on a cross-functional level with the Nordics and Alpine Medical & Commercial and global teams to rapidly respond to questions from sites in the territory;
- Serve as medical representative on (project-based) cross-functional teams internally.
Who are you?
- Advanced medical/scientific degree (MD or equivalent degree, PhD) with experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related healthcare field
- Several years experience in Medical Affairs is required; preferably in a field based role (e.g. Medical Science Liaison, Medical Advisor or as CRA)
- Expertise in the area of Inflammation and Rheumatology preferred
- Knowledge of local legal framework in which pharmaceutical industry operates
- Knowledge of national regulatory requirements
- Clear understanding and unambiguous practice of ethical business conduct
- Strategic thinking and ability to appropriately collaborate with commercial functions from a medical perspective
- Ability to represent company’s position and interest in external medical or scientific settings as needed
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and variable environment with a “can do” attitud;
- Committed to continuing education to maintain knowledge base
- Interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication
- Fluency in Danish and English is essential
- Proven ability to work independently and across a cross-functional matrix
- Ability to travel frequently, occasionally with short notice
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!