Medical Advisor Inflammation Rheumatoid Arthritis for Belgium
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), and in US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Medical Advisor Inflammation Rheumatoid Arthritis Belgium.
Scope of the job
As Medical Advisor, you are reporting to the Benelux Medical Manager and part of a new and growing cross-functional inflammation team.
Serve as medical representative in (project-based) cross-functional teams, both to external and internal (global) stakeholders, supporting and translating the medical scientific research –driven interests of Galapagos to improve health care.
- Serve as medical representative on (project-based) cross-functional teams internally, with partner(s) and represent both internally to Global and externally to stakeholders.
- You work with the Benelux Medical Manager and field based Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) to lead the development and execution of the Belgian medical strategy for the specified Product/Disease Area, appropriately aligned with overall strategy and incorporating R&D functional strategies (clinical, regulatory, HEOR, PV, compliance), in line with health care needs/insights.
- Set-up local data generation strategy, and support local data generation activities (Phase III-IV, Investigator Initiated Studies, etc).
- Work with commercial and market access to realize cross-functional objectives.
- Initiation and implementation of medical projects in Belgium, eg Local Medical Education, (patient) care innovation.
- CME(continuous medical education), including therapeutic training programs for Galapagos sales reps, KAMs and MSLs, support during congresses, symposia and medical educational meetings.
- Medical review to promotional and non-promotional materials (in both English, Dutch and French).
- Act as a company representative interacting with external stakeholders and develop a solid network amongst Belgian Key Opinion Leaders and respective Patient Organisation in Inflammation.
- Establish strategic partnerships with centres of excellence and external experts in areas of scientific interest.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of local pharmaceutical regulations, guidelines, codes of practices and Galapagos policies related to all medical activities
Who are you?
- A medical degree or scientific degree (PhD or Pharm D) is strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in medical affairs is required
- Experience leading disease area project teams in Belgium, specifically in rheumatology, or in field-based roles (eg Medical Scientific Liaison/CRA) is preferred
- Experience in rheumatology through clinical experience, biopharmaceutical experience or education is strongly preferred
- Experience in leading pre-launch of an innovative drug as well as launching a drug at an international level is strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated business acumen and operational skills
- Ability to think strategically and tactically from a medical perspective
- Ability to collaborate appropriately with Commercial functions
- Ability to drive initiatives without direct line management authority
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate
- Ability to deal with complex medical projects and solid problem solving skills’
- Result oriented and high sense of accountability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Dutch and especially in French
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!