Medical Advisor Inflammation - München, GE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville & Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), the UK (London), Germany (München), the Nordics and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Medical Advisor Inflammation - München, GE
Core Purpose of Job:
You represent Medical Affairs Inflammation [Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) and Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)] internally (standing and project-based cross-functional teams or meetings) and externally (HCPs, HCOs, nurse and patient representatives). You gain insights from external experts in the therapeutic area, contributes to the national cross-functional strategy closely working with commercial functions and with field-based Medical Affairs. You develop and conduct Medical Affairs projects in line with the national strategy and establish strategic partnerships with clinical centres of excellence and external experts in areas of clinical and scientific interest.
- Serve as a local Medical Affairs representative in standing and project-based cross-functional teams
- Provide medical and scientific expertise supporting cross-functional projects (e.g., materials and educational events) and fulfilment of regulatory or legal requirements
- Provide medical and scientific expertise to development of materials and educational events with focus on patient and nurse needs and conducts concerned medical reviews
- Act as local disease/product subject matter expert collaborating with external clinical and scientific thought leaders, therapeutic area experts, nurses, and patient representatives
- Contribute to local product strategy in cross-functional teams as guided by international strategic plan delivering on patient and nurse medical strategy
- Oversee international and drives national data communication and publication plans with focus on patient-important outcomes
- Plan and manage medical educational projects in various formats (face-to-face, virtual, hybrid, digital), e.g., satellite symposia, webinars, podcasts, and other educational formats
- Support local data generation strategy and activities and provides expertise on patient-important outcome variables
- Provide clinical or scientific expertise supporting assessment of Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR) proposals and other requests of research funding or grants
- Develop and maintain lasting professional relationships with key thought leaders
- Establish and/or maintain partnerships with the relevant professional societies and key local academic institutions
- Plan and manage local medical advisory boards with focus on patients and nurses
- Conduct trainings for Galapagos medical and commercial staff as needed
Who are you?
- PhD in medicine, pharmacy, immunology, biosciences, or social sciences with previous experience in a Medical Affairs role preferred
- Experience in field-based roles (e.g., Medical Science Liaison or CRA)
- Professional background in rheumatoid arthritis or other chronic inflammatory condition required
- Experience in early drug life cycle management preferred
- Strategic thinking and ability to appropriately collaborate with commercial functions from a medical perspective
- Ability to represent company’s position and interest in external medical or scientific settings as needed
- Experiences with external stakeholder management and engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Knowledge of local legal framework in which pharmaceutical industry operates
- Knowledge of relevant regulations, guidelines, and codes of conduct
- Clear understanding and unambiguous practice of ethical business conduct
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!