Marketing Lead Inflammation - Germany
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech
company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), and in US, (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Marketing Lead Inflammation for Germany!
Scope of the job
The Marketing Lead Inflammation will be a key member of the German Commercial team at Galapagos. He/She will be responsible for developing and implementing the marketing strategy for the launch of our first product and many more indications to come.
The Marketing Lead will report to the Country Head Germany and work in partnership with the Commercial, Market Access, Medical, and Development colleagues as well as our partner Gilead. Together you will ensure seamless launch execution is in line with business strategy and goals in Germany.
- Prepare GLPG for the successful launch of our first product in Germany. Conduct deep market analysis in all customers and accounts.
- Collaborate with the Sales and Customer Engagement departments to successfully implement and manage all Go-To-Market activities
- Demonstrate strong marketing functional competence as well as strong analytical capabilities and sound, broader strategic business judgment.
- Drive the execution of the local Brand Strategy by making the best use of the HQ omnichannel services and local capabilities that are available to you.
- Combine customer insights & CRM data with omnichannel capabilities to create best in class customer journeys, which drive conversion and business impact.
- Together with the commercial team drive product strategy and sales; ensure excellent communication to the commercial team
- Ensure all strategies and tactics comply with all internal/external regulations and standards
- Involve and interact with healthcare professionals to organize and implement activities and local projects.
- Develop and implement annual brand plans through cross-functional collaboration and aligned with customer and market insights. Identify opportunities for business growth and competitive advantage.
- Monitor and analyse sales reports together with customer insights/needs to provide appropriate recommendations to the organization based on information collected.
- Build effective and productive internal relationships within Galapagos in all disciplines; R&D, development and shared services
Who are you?
- You have obtained a university degree (Science, Medical, Economics, Marketing).
- Minimum 3 years prior experience in Marketing/ Brand Management incorporates medical environment (pharma, biotech, agencies, private clinics, medical products, and services).
- Experience in successfully developing marketing plans that have a proven track record of positive business results.
- Experience with launching product(s) in pharma/biotech.
- Experience in managing and working within budgets.
- Good knowledge of local regulatory, medical and compliance processes.
- Experience in concerned therapeutic area market preferred
- Experience using multiple channels of marketing mix & evidence of successful implementations through digital channels
- Experience with brand planning processes and translating strategy into execution
- Mind-set & experience: understand the need for an integrated Brand Strategy leveraging both face-to-face and digital channels.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Flexible thinking and ability to continuously innovate
- Fluent in German and English
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!