Management Assistant R&D PMO, Mechelen - BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing biotech company with offices in Europe, in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists, we need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
For our site in Mechelen, Belgium we are looking for a Management Assistant.
The Management Assistant will be responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative activities in support of staff across the R&D Project Management Organisation (R&D PMO), located across our headquarters in Mechelen and offices in Leiden and Romainville.
Scope of the job:
In support of the Head R&D PMO as well as for R&D PMO team heads and team leaders, perform a wide range of administrative and logistic tasks such as:
- Provide administrative support to R&D PMO driven meetings in all aspects: meeting scheduling, attendee management, management of meeting rooms/venues at different on-site or off-site locations, agenda and minutes preparations, follow up on availability of presentations, slide preparation or other meeting materials, management of meeting related virtual tele/video tools/systems, purchases of goods and consumables;
- Ensure both inter-site as well as international travel requests for all R&D PMO staff are processed;
- Arrange registration for trainings for R&D PMO staff;
- Enable team-building activities;
- Execute certain tasks related to R&D PMO collaboration tools and systems (e.g. SharePoint applications enabling team database, contact lists, holiday calendars, organisation charts, etc.);
- Execute expense reporting for Head R&D PMO and for frequent travellers among R&D PMO staff.
Who are you?
- You have Bachelor’s degree in management support, with multilingual qualifications or proven experience;
- A minimum experience of 5 years in an administrative role in an international organisation, preferably in a healthcare environment;
- You are able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands;
- You can manage to meet strict timelines and are able to adapt to frequent ad hoc changes;
- You are able to operate with high level of accuracy;
- You have a can-do mentality and are able to think out of the box;
- MS Office (Outlook, Power Point and Excel) has no secrets for you;
- You have experience in managing collaboration tools like SharePoint & Box;
- You are proficient in English (other languages considered a plus) and are able to interact and communicate professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen!