Management Assistant for Head of Global Medical Affairs - Leiden, NL
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a dynamic Management Assistant for our Head of Global Medical Affairs.
Scope of the job
You provide day to day operational assistance to Head of Global Medical Affairs (GMA) and other senior members of the GMA team as required.
- You prepare, coordinate and drive senior leadership meeting logistics (invites, rooms, catering, calendar, etc.) interaction with senior leaders in different geographies (mainly EU) or with partner companies and meeting coordination
- You ensure that all appointments are timely and accurately scheduled, maintains Head of GMA Outlook calendar accurately, manages decision making on scheduling of appointments, manages and coordinates meetings utilizing meeting planning skills (including confirming attendees in advance.)
- You provide travel, schedule and meeting coordination for Head of GMA and selected other senior members of GMA.
- You anticipate and resolve administrative needs including last minute meeting requests, unforeseen calendar changes and international travel reservations, all taken care of with ease, autonomy, and proper follow through with the Head of GMA and stakeholders
- You perform complex administrative duties, involving contact with and exposure to highly confidential materials and information
- You prepare routine and non-routine correspondence, memoranda, reports, spreadsheets and presentations and interactions with company employees at all organizational levels to gather information
- You submits monthly expense reports, manage invoice and PO processes, including consultancy fees, vendors, etc. for Head of GMA and selected senior members of GMA in a timely manner.
- You coordinate and lead administrative activities with other assistants in GMA and other departments
Who are you ?
- You have a bachelor degree with a minimum of 7 years of office administration experience with prior experience supporting executives required; Previous experience working within a fast paced and changing environment is strongly preferred
- MS Office (Outlook, Power Point and Excel) has no secrets for you
- You are proficiency in English (other languages considered a plus)
- You have excellent planning and organizational skills and strong attention to details
- You are able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- You are able to interact and communicate professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- You can identify and effectively communicate obstacles and propose solutions
- You are able to assess a problem quickly and determine to what level it should be elevated, directing staff to correct person(s)
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!