Legal Operations Expert - Any Galapagos location
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), the Nordics (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland), Austria (Vienna) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Legal Operations Expert - Any Galapagos location.
Scope of the job:
As Legal Operations Expert you interact with the entire Legal Team and other cross-functional stakeholders in order to increase efficiencies, create opportunities to further improve the way of working and set up the annual budget.
- Interacts closely and with autonomy with the General Counsel, the entire Legal team (at HQ and in the countries) and other cross-functional stakeholders including Finance, IT, Procurement, and other operational teams
- Develops a strategic plan to increases efficiencies within the legal department and in collaboration with teams across the company
- Collects and analyzes data based on important metrics to collect insights for more strategic decision-making
- Partners with the finance team to monitor legal spend, govern billing guidelines, create budgets, manage accruals, and forecast expenses
- Chooses the right firms by performing due diligence, uncover opportunities, negotiate better rates, handle contract management, and onboard new vendors quickly
- Develops resources and tools for the business to self-serve legal issues, and training resources for the Legal team to use with business partners
- Liaises with the IT team on identifying, implementing, integrating, and optimizing applications and tools, and building internal tools and automation capabilities
Who are you ?
- Holds a bachelor or master’s degree in finance, accounting, law or business operations
- At least 5 years’ experience in strategy consulting, financial services or legal operations
- Strong track record on moving projects forward by gaining the support needed from others while working in a cross-functional role
- Excellent analytical and numerical, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and able to execute operationally
- Independent problem solver that can set priorities, make high quality judgements and enable efficient decision making
- Strong business mindset ensuring the legal department’s goals feed into overall company growth
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple deadlines
- Fluency in English, Dutch would be an asset
- Valuable to have previous experience in developing, implementing and using legal department tech solutions
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!