Lead Functional Project Management - Mechelen, BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland), Italy, Spain, Germany, UK and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for a Lead for our Functional Project Management group (preclinical, clinical, CMC, regulatory, etc.).
Scope of the job:
Act as leader by mentoring, coaching and developing people to fulfill their potential, while also delivering business objectives.
- Ensure that yearly objectives of Functional Project Managers (FPM) (as team, individual) are set within the timelines.
- Ensure the FPM understand expectations towards them and give/receive continuous feedback on performance by discussing what went well and where they can further develop. Both on functional expertise (the ‘what’) and on the ‘how’.
- Guide and support FPM career development by helping them to identify areas for continuous personal development and training needs. Empower staff to take responsibility for their role and ambition.
- Accountable for timely recruitment, onboarding, and retention of FPM staff.
- Manage own resourcing needs for annual budget and forecast exercises.
- Contribute to a successful interdepartmental collaboration by building strong relationships with the development departments that the functional project Managers work with, defining the necessary processes and making the matrix in the organization work (according the project governance process).
- Define with the departments the Business needs and act upon these needs/requests (involving the necessary contributors and stakeholders), e.g. portfolio scenario planning related to a function
- Maintain a transparent communication continuously and encourage healthy debates with the development functions and the PMO. Be the key point of contact of the functions for communication wrt EPPM initiatives and developments.
- Provide trainings, create and optimize training materials as needed.
- Foster an environment of trust, teamwork, diversity, and effective working to enable the Functional Project Managers team, the R&D PMO department, and the GLPG organization to succeed.
- Lead or participate in Business critical projects, as needed.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization's values. Act as an example and help people to pioneer, to raise the bar, to make it happen and to embrace change whilst setting high standards for own performance.
Who are you?
- You have a Master degree and 10 years of experience in drug development (preclinical, clinical, CMC, regulatory etc.) and/or in project management for drug development projects/programs
- You have good knowledge of the drug development cycle, particularly the complex interaction between various contributors (preclinical, clinical, CMC, regulatory etc.)
- You have +3 years of line management experience
- You have advanced knowledge of information systems and business processes for project planning/management and reporting; Previous Experience and knowledge of project management methodology project planning tools (MS Project, Planisware ...)
- You can contribute to a sound project environment allowing the team to focus on project delivery and nurture innovation and supports the team to bring innovation to reality
- Project management certification (PMP or equivalent) is a plus
- Experience with Planisware and SAP is a plus
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizing skills
- Coaching, collaboration and leadership skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!