Key Account Manager - Leiden, NL
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in the US(Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
Our Commercial team NL is already quickly expanding, so we are looking for an additional Key Account Manager !
Scope of the job
As Key Account manager you interact with different stakeholders to ensure that patients have access to our products. You develop and implement accounts plans and interact with different stakeholders. You work closely together with the medical department to focus on the scientific approach in the benefit of the patients.
- Achieving sales forecast within the assigned territory by establishing and executing account level plans.
- Establish awareness and use of the product in target accounts. This includes formulary listing, stocking of the product and prescribing in targeted accounts.
- Through regular contact identify and meet the on-going needs and expectations of targeted key account customers and in doing so build professional and productive relationships. Differentiate Filgotinib from the competition and therefore establish Galapagos as a true partner and therefore provider of choice.
- Apply account management approach, consultative selling skills, and clinical expertise to enhance our business and build support for Filgotinib.
- Demonstrates high impact negotiation skills in all customer environments to deliver business outcomes.
- Ensure a close cooperative productive working relationship with colleagues in other teams e.g. other KAM’s, Market Access, Medical etc. to manage opportunities to ensure the successful implementation of all possible synergies
- Fulfill customer requests for information and/or expertise by coordinating with the appropriate resources within the business or team.
- Anticipate macro trends and shifts in the marketplace which trigger customer strategy review and utilise this knowledge to help the shaping or reshaping of strategical and operational frames.
- Proactively seeks to understand competitor activities, strategies, and programs and ensure that this competitive intelligence is shared broadly within the organisation.
- Ensure that personal expertise regarding market, competitor and healthcare environments is maintained to enable effective decision-making, customer engagement and optimal performance against local targets.
- Complete administrative requirements and comply with guidelines and policies as set forth by the immediate manager and company as a whole.
Who are you?
- Preferably scientific/economical profile who is able to think and act on a master/bachelor level
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a commercial role
- Having worked within therapeutic areas as reumatology / inflammation / gastroenterology is an important asset
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical or medical sales processes and procedures.
- Basic understanding of pharmaceutical/medical distribution processes.
- Strong influential leadership skills with the ability to manage stakeholders on different levels
- Strong ability to understand market trends, financial data, customer needs, and assess new opportunities both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing Dutch and English is required.
- Drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate and an action-oriented work ethic.
- Ability to think strategically & execute tactically
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company where you will be able to help the shaping of the completely new commercial team and approach. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!