ITS Unit Lead - Global & Digital Platforms - Mechelen, BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland) and in Boston (US).
We are in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for an ITS Unit Lead - Global & Digital Platforms - Mechelen, BE
The ITS Unit Lead provides operational leadership over the implementation of various technology programs globally. The role is instrumental in leading IT as a business-oriented and value-adding organization. The position oversees operational responsibilities with regards to performance management, organizational change management, service management, training, security management, supplier management, finance and budgeting, and processes and methodologies.
- Be responsible for the strategy, business alignment, sourcing, quality and oversight of the various global and cross-departmental technology platforms at Galapagos like Veeva Vault, ServiceNow, Microsoft O365, and other global or digital platforms.
- Collaborate with ITS business partners and business stakeholders to realize their digital plans.
- Translate the ITS strategy and vision into tactical plans and operational activities.
- Create the vision for global platforms and implement this vision in a pragmatic and agile way.
- Integrate new and innovative technology with existing systems and platforms.
- Manage operational procedures to ensure compliance.
- Together with the team, define and execute projects goals, ensure timelines are met and scope is delivered with the right quality and in line with the compliance needs.
- Manage cross-functional and innovative business technology solutions throughout the whole GLPG organization.
- Manage the team of System Owners and other ITS people in the unit in a servant-leadership style. Inspire the team to jointly achieve the unit goals.
- A Master degree in Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of experience leading (operational) a team and leading discussions across the ITS organization breaking down internal/external barriers
- At least 5 years of experience working in support of enterprise-wide systems and digital platforms with implementation and operations support experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities without direct authority in a consultative, collaborative and team-oriented style where the path forward is not always clear at the outset and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Successful history of managing a large volume of work and an ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, growing and agile environment
- Possess solid project & service management skills
- Set and manage expectations extremely well and work effectively with others
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!