Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biopharma company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Paris and Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland), Italy(Milan), Spain(Madrid), Germany(München), UK(London) and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
For our site in Mechelen (Belgium) or Leiden (The Netherlands), we are looking for an Investor Relations Professional.
Scope of the job
Our Investor Relations team is supporting Galapagos in its fast-paced development through effective information sharing with its investors, analysts and stakeholders. We are building a world class IR team, with all the ingredients in place to realize our ambition of substantial valuation growth from here.
You act in a front office role towards investors & sell side analysts. You transform financial markets feedback to management decision-making and bring your experience to bear on the new challenges and opportunities we face every day at this exciting biotech company.
The primary accountabilities in this role are:
• Perform front office role for investors & sell-side;
• Develop IR strategy;
• Lead on R&D program communications for IR, prepare, write and review press releases, Q&A, draft slides for IR deck on R&D topics;
• Perform investor targeting, CRM management, management reporting for IR;
• Build and nurture relationships with sell-side analysts, engage on valuation discussions;
• Develop sell-side management strategy & tactics;
• Manage follow ups, investor inquiries;
• Project management on R&D Update, JPM event, conferences, (reverse) roadshows, other corporate IR events;
Who are you?
• At least 5 years of experience in Biotech or Pharma sector, preferably with Investor Relations experience;
• Strong Scientific background or strong Scientific affinity;
• Solid understanding of the Drug Development process from discovery to late stage clinical trials;
• Strong (sell-side) financial analysis skills;
• Good understanding of the stock market;
• Talented communicator with excellent writing skills and ability to present and communicate scientific content;
• Skilled networker and relationship builder
• Strong organization skills and ability to analyse complex content as well as demonstrated project management skills;
• Can deal with stress management and tight deadlines;
• Strategic thinking and showing tact and diplomacy in all circumstances;
• Flexible, results & solution oriented attitude;
• Fluent in English. Good knowledge of Dutch and other EU languages is a strong plus;
• Based in Mechelen (Belgium) or Leiden (Netherlands).
• Regular travel required.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company, and a great team. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in scientific research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!