HR Partner France - Romainville, FR
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company across Europe and head-quartered in Belgium (Mechelen).
in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop
life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In
every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge
the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers,
entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative
innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In
other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
For our R&D site in France we are looking for an HR Partner France - Romainville, FR
Scope of the job
As HR Partner, you will provide full operational HR support to the local HR Team according to the corporate HR policies and local regulations. You will assist the HR Country Lead France to optimize and drive our people approach by supporting our employees and partnering with our managers on topics like onboarding, performance management, engagement, talent & learning and total rewards. You will be a preferred HR contact for the research organisation located in France, partnering closely with the HR Country Lead and any other corporate partners to ensure the well-being of the people at Galapagos. You will also act as a payroll local backup if needed.
- You are a trusted partner for managers and employees for the research group more specifically, to drive the local people agenda related to on boarding, performance management, engagement, talent & learning, total rewards and general HR Services.
- You manage employee and labour relations and develop strong and trusted relations with colleagues and stakeholders
- You identify employee and management development needs and ensure they get integrated into the Talent development plan for France in partnership with HR Country Lead
- You actively contribute to various HR projects in close partnership with the different HR Centers of Excellence to enable local implementation such as onboarding, Talent Development (training), Payroll, etc.
- You ensure a customer oriented support to all employees in Romainville and La Defense in partnership with the local Payroll and HR Services Team. You could also act as a backup to the local payroll team.
- The position reports into the HR Director Galapagos France, based in Romainville
- Collaborate closely with the Research staff based the Romainville facility
- Work closely with the other Center of Excellence of HR i.e. Total Rewards, Learning & Development and Payroll.
Who are you?
- Preferably Master’s degree in Human Resources
- At least 6 years’ experience in an HR generalist.
- Experience in HR Services or Payroll is a plus
- Working knowledge of French employment law, tax and social security legislation
- Experience in a fast changing, international environment
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong collaborative skills and good project management skills
- Flexibility, diplomacy, the ability to manage expectations and a team player
- Proven ability to establish strong partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of local compliance, as well as a sound ethical approach to business
- Fluent in French and English, working knowledge of other international languages beneficial.
What’s in it for you?
will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As
‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your
job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who
stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal
and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind
Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading
position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research.
Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!