Head of Talent and Learning Agility - Mechelen, BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
Scope of the job
Galapagos shifted into 6th gear this year and we are growing at an extreme pace. Are you ready to join this ride and make it happen?
Our company was founded on a culture of ambition and learning and even though we are surrounded by the most outstanding professionals in the industry, we cannot forget each of our colleagues’ pursuit of growth. For this reason, we are looking for someone who will be able to design and implement a modern innovative talent development strategy in order to raise the bar and set goals beyond expectations within Galapagos.
- Design and implement a modern innovative talent development strategy in order to build the strategic capabilities enabling the sustained growth of our company across the various GLPG locations in Europe
- Use your ability to work in different cultural environments to help assess learning and development needs and address them in line with global strategy
- Conceive and implement an impactful leadership development strategy raising the bar of our leadership and coaching capability across all levels in the company
- Design and co-create an innovative approach to facilitate a top scientific community within the company, well networked outside
- Design and identify the set of key basic transversal functional skills
- Embed and integrate our culture and values in all our development initiatives in order to maintain and enhance a strong company DNA driving success
- Design and create feedback processes such as 360/180 and others such as culture surveys in order to steer feedback and development as core skills that underpin a high-performance culture
- Adopt and elaborate on all types and forms of learning (from virtual to classroom training)
- Engage and build relevant partnerships with external suppliers to deploy the development activities accordingly
- Identify an appropriate system/tool to support the practical implementation as well as generate reporting mechanism (quantitative as well as qualitative)
- Consult, challenge and collaborate with internal leadership and the HR team in order to develop implement and communicate the talent development strategy
We’re looking for someone who:
Is passionate. You have a genuine passion for developing people and organizations.
Is a relationship builder. You develop strong relationships through mutual trust and respect.
Is collaborative. You’re excited to work with others throughout the organization to help create a great employee experience.
Wants to make it happen. You’re all about delivering high-quality learning programs that have longevity.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in Learning & Development, ideally within a high growth, innovative culture
- Proven experience and knowledge of a full L&D Cycle
- Proven Project Management skills – the ability to achieve objectives within established time frames. Comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively, managing multiple competing priorities and navigating ambiguity.
- Strong interpersonal skills - knows how to communicate professionally within all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrated capability in enterprise thinking and the ability to develop solutions or programs that deliver benefit at an enterprise, global and local level.
- Proactive, positive, analytics and enthusiastic personality that thrives in a fast-paced environment
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!