Head of Safety Leaders - Romainville, FR
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing biotech company with offices in Europe, in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists, we need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
For our site in ROMAINVILLE, France we are looking for a Head of Safety Leaders
Scope of the job
Galapagos is looking for the Head of Safety Leaders reporting to the Head of Preclinical Development Department.
The Head of Safety Leaders is accountable for the testing strategy development and execution of all non-clinical studies supporting the safety evaluation of drug candidates in the development Phases of Galapagos, and provide some support in the Discovery phases.
The Head of Safety Leaders is accountable for all non-clinical safety studies, which include Safety Pharmacology, Toxicology and Environmental Safety studies.
- Ensuring the Safety strategy for each of the Development projects across the entire development portfolio is determined, translated into development plans and executed.
- Supporting the Discovery Department regarding predictive toxicology aspects.
- Managing and inspiring a team of Safety Leaders, from Research to Marketing Authorization
- Set out the most efficient organizational structure in the Pre-Clinical Safety Leaders team, managing roles to cover Safety responsibilities and determining and managing the team budgetary needs
- Manage staff recruitment, team building, mentoring and coaching
- Provide the Safety expertise (training and internal expert network) needed to drive the decisions
- Assign Safety Leaders to development projects based on needs across the portfolio in coordination with the Head of PCD
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members and other subject matter experts to drive the development of Pre-Clinical drug candidates ensuring the integration of non-clinical and early clinical findings with planned clinical programs
- Select and manage vendors delivering Safety services, in line with Galapagos’ operational model
- Manage and maintain a network of external specialists that can be called in by Safety Leaders when specific Pre-Clinical challenges arise
Who you are?
- The successful candidate has at least a PhD degree in in-life science, with at least 15 years of experience within the life-science / pharmaceutical industry
- You are a European Registered Toxicologist (or you have a DABT) and have an excellent background in toxicology
- You show proficiency in drug development strategies regarding the non-clinical safety evaluation, especially late phases, and you have some experience in Phase 3
- You have already some people management experience
- You should be able to organize and plan multiple priorities, and have the ability to coordinate and collaborate having excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- You should have excellent communication skills, together with being fluent in English (oral and in writing). French is a plus.
- You are willing to be based at Romainville (close to Paris), France
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!