Head of Facility Management Operations - Mechelen, BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing biotech company with offices in various locations all over Europe and in the US.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists, we need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
For our site in Mechelen, Belgium we are looking for a Head of Facility Management Operations
Scope of the job
The purpose of the Head of Facility Management (FM) Operations is to develop the FM vision into a strategic FM plan. To introduce, develop, and drive an FM operations program in accordance with the Global FM strategy and GLPG Business objectives. He or she will reinforce and develop the expertise within the FM community. He or she will lead, implement and run FM performance monitoring through business dashboards.
The Head of FM Operations is a member of the Global FM leadership team.
- You will translation FM vision into a strategic plan.
- You define, develop and maintain FM and RE processes, Global Policies and FM Global operational standards.
- You will be measuring FM Performance, work on the definition of FM KPIs, monitor these KPI’s and create a Global FM Dashboard.
- You take care of the definition of risk management process for key FM services to ensure continuity of business critical activities.
- You design tools enabling the proper implementation of FM operational standards (e.g. Gap analysis tools, Communication pack, support of change management program, training)
- You assess Galapagos FM baselines in terms of compliance versus FM Operational Standards and FM Global Policy.
- You develop and ensure the robustness of the FM budget process. (Budget, Forecast, strategic plan.)
- You organize regular performance review meetings in collaboration with the Heads of FM.
- You develop and leas an FM platform where best practice sharing and continuous improvement is common practice.
- You support the maintenance and improvements of the corporate workplace strategy aiming at keeping it future proof through continuous alignment with internal customers and through identifying market trends,
- You develop and drive in collaboration with the Heads of FM, (internal) FM Communications. (Projects, achievements, strategies and other relevant news).
Who are you?
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Facility Management or equal through experience
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in a global facility management function in an international organization
- Knowledge of integrated facility management and real estate markets and the value chain thereof
- Ability to think strategically and take a helicopter view, but also be able to dive deep into operational problems when required
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to motivate teams and work towards a common set of goals and to determine operational processes that drive efficiency and effectiveness in the global FM team
- Track record of having effectively managed large efficiency improvement programs and global projects
- Experience with FM compliance audits, CAPA plans and continuous monitoring and proper documentation thereof
- Fluent in English (verbally as well in writing)
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!