Head of Corporate Communication
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Spain (Madrid), Italy (Milan), the UK (London), Germany (Munich) and in the US, (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Head of Corporate Communication! Are you ready to conquer the world and make it happen with us?
Scope of the position
The Head of Corporate communication develops and executes communication strategies both internally and externally. He/she will interface with external media contacts and develop the Galapagos story for the general public and investors. He/she will develop and execute the (digital) media strategy for the company and support ExCom in external and internal communication.
- You create, implement, and oversee communications programs, be it internal or external, effectively describing and promoting the story of Galapagos
- You evaluate and integrate a strategic communications plan to advance the company’s brand identity and broaden awareness of its programs and priorities
- You help set the strategic direction of the company’s corporate reputation and media efforts
- You develop and implement PR activities designed to enhance the company brand and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences.
- You are familiar with online communication, content development, and website management, corporate videos for both internal and external use.
- You overlook the development of high-quality written materials, including messaging platforms, speeches, editorials, infographics etc.
- You manage and guide a team of communication professionals and coach them to be the best version of themselves
- You closely collaborate with the IR team to make sure our investors and other stakeholders follow the story of Galapagos and get a clear picture of who we are as a company
- You support and advise our ExCom members in communication strategy
- You act as a spokesperson for Galapagos
Who are you?
- You work and think at a master’s level with minimum of 10 years experience in communication/media relations, preferably in pharma/biotech or a related environment.
- You are experienced in building and managing media programs with measurable results.
- You are strategic and execution-oriented and have the knowledge of how to develop and implement communication strategies.
- You are a confident communicator and presenter with the ability to grasp people’s attention.
- You have strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media and the know-how to efficiently communicate through various digital channels.
- You are an innovator ‘pur sang’ and are able to stand out with your communication strategy in a compliant way
- You have the ability to deliver high-quality initiatives to tight deadlines.
- You are fluent in English both written and oral and have a good knowledge of Dutch
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast-growing and amazing company. As a ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research and development. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment. And next to that, Galapagos offers a safe work environment, where your input is valued, and your impact is substantial. Are you ready to write history together?
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!