Group Leader Translational Pharmacology Fibrosis - Romainville,FR
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville & Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), the UK (London), Germany (München), and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Group Leader Translational Pharmacology Fibrosis - Romainville,FR
Scope of the job
You will play a central role in developing the best translational strategies to ensure progress of the advanced drug discovery projects composing the Fibrosis research pipeline.
- Deploying a broad range of techniques, you are responsible for designing and executing pharmacology plans aiming at understanding the efficacy levels and mechanism of action of compounds in research or development phases, and bring these in perspective of competitor molecules. In addition, you are responsible for bringing elements towards the selection of alternative indications for advanced molecules.
- Besides the role as a manager, you also take on a central role as lead biologist in Project Team Meetings, integrating diverse datasets towards the understanding of mode of action and validation of PK/PD hypotheses.
To achieve your goals, the Group you will have a central position amongst various stakeholders. At one hand, you lead/train a team of scientists with broad skill sets, interact closely with members of the pharmacology team as well as with members of the drug discovery project team (e.g. the project leader, the lead chemist), liaise with the bioinformatics team for the analysis and interpretation of ‘omics’ datasets. You will also operate outside Galapagos, designing and driving external academic collaborations with experts in the field.
- Act as a leader within the Fibrosis Translational Pharmacology Department.
- Develop knowledge in the Fibrosis disease area to a level allowing strategic input.
- Lead a team of Scientists
- Your group will be delivering innovative translational strategies to support the Fibrosis research pipeline from project inception through in vivo proof of concept studies
- Manage external scientific collaborations.
- Reporting efficiently on progress to the scientific management team of the Fibrosis disease area.
- Work closely with the Director of in & ex vivo Biology Department of the Fibrosis Area and in partnerships with other line functions within the Fibrosis disease biology area.
Who are you?
- Ph.D. with at least 10 years drug discovery experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong background and experience in team and people management (strong leadership, ability to inspire and motivate team members), ideally obtained in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
- In-depth knowledge in Fibrosis, NASH and Scleroderma, in particular lung, liver and/or skin fibrosis.
- Solid knowledge of in vivo pharmacology including concepts in pharmacokinetics, and general concepts drug discovery process
- Knowledge of translational concepts (use of target and disease biomarkers). State of the art knowledge in cell and molecular biology
- Experience with a wide range of technologies (QrtPCR, flow cytometry, Western Blotting, ELISA, RNAseq,…).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Eglish, including writing, reviewing and editing scientific documents
- Travel may be required in this position
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!