Global Omni-channel Lead
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast-growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville, Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Spain (Madrid), Italy (Milan) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Global Omni-channel Lead!
Scope of the job
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for an ambitious leader to take on a newly created role at Galapagos at a time of critical growth and pre-launch activities. The scope of the role offers the prospect to make a vast impact, where you will be trusted to drive priorities and deliver strongly to business needs and be a key influencer in the company ecosystem with the objective to shape and build personalised customer journeys where the customer is in the driving seat. You will be working with global brand teams and be responsible for the pull through and localization of OC capabilities, platforms, campaigns, journeys and more. This role is reporting into the OC Strategy & Operations Lead.
- Play a critical part in building a best-in-class centralised omni-channel excellence team, working closely with both global and local brand teams.
- Collaborate with global brand team to create effective campaigns, insights driven customer journeys and other OC related tools such as personas, journey/experience maps, content library, CX frameworks, etc… to establish competitive digital presence.
- Operate as a thought leader and visionary, with the ability to evangelize strategic use of digital platforms, analytics in decision-making and in customer engagement to define marketing qualified leads.
- Work closely with global and local teams in driving initiatives to expand customer reach beyond traditional channels with the view to increase engagement and improve customer experience.
- Responsible to drive in-market pull-through & adoption of digital channels and capabilities.
- Support countries to pull-through brand strategies and effectively implement & manage campaigns across multiple on & offline channels as appropriate for customer segments.
- Drive Online excellence development, both in terms of foundation, ongoing content and activation, media planning, e-commerce and social.
- Manage/use appropriate metrics, KPIs and benchmarks for omnichannel (channel effectiveness, campaign ROI, cost per touchpoint) in close collaboration with global & local stakeholders to support fact-based decision marketing process, ongoing optimization and ROI modeling.
- Capture on & offline country best practices & cases and leverage across the organisation. Empowered data to inform short-cycle feedback loops.
- Be a change agent who effectively communicates the vision and implementation OC roadmap and drive digital- first mindset in cross functional teams by demonstrating stakeholders how technology and digital support us in reaching business objectives.
- Establishes criteria and guidelines / SOPs for channel application based on analysis and evaluation of country needs, regulations and modes of delivery.
Who are you?
- Successful track record in digital marketing and/or omnichannel marketing with a minimum of 3+ years on international level in the pharma or biotech industry. (European experience is a minimum requirement; global experience is preferred).
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of digital, channels and platforms & up to date with latest development/innovation around digital marketing.
- Demonstrated experience in pull-through of global journey & campaigns blueprints to local markets and work with local teams on localization and in-market capability building.
- Hands-on self-starter with proven experience to shape the function in close collaboration with commercial and medical teams.
- True team player with ability to work in a high pace, fast changing and growing organisation.
- Strong communicator and successful influencer. Excellent presentation skills with a demonstrable ability to present complex matters in a simple and engaging way.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and operates with confidence in ambiguous situations.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast-growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…