Global Omni-channel Lead
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville, Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Spain (Madrid), Italy (Milan) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for Global Omni-channel Lead!
Scope of the job
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for an ambitious leader to take on a newly created role at Galapagos at a time of critical growth and pre-launch activities. The scope of the role offers the prospect to make a vast impact, where you will be trusted to drive priorities and deliver strongly to business needs and be a key influencer in the company ecosystem with the objective to shape and build personalised customer journeys where the customer is in the driving seat. The function also has the unique feature to be fully embedded in the brand planning strategy and an integral member of the Brand team.
- Shape and develop a state of the art omni-channel vision, strategy and roadmap on an international and country level.
- Deliver capabilities and infrastructure related to Marketing Technology (in close collaboration with ITS) as well as drive future innovation initiatives scouting for latest technologies.
- Play a critical part in building a best in class centralised omni-channel excellence team, working closely with country teams.
- Be accountable for timely implementation & adoption of digital channel strategy aligned with omni-channel growth model and tailored to competitive and orphan markets.
- Drive digital- first mindset in cross functional teams, focusing on developing new capabilities, educating stakeholders and adopting new technologies promoting an entrepreneurial approach to business opportunities.
- Work closely with global and local teams in driving initiatives to expand customer reach beyond traditional channels with the view to increase engagement and improve customer experience.
- Support countries to pull through brands strategies and effectively implement & manage campaigns across multiple on & offline channels as appropriate for targeted customer segments.
- Be responsible for personalised customer experience including (over time) implementing marketing automation, full integration in CRM (Veeva) & other channels, harmonizing platforms, insight generation and data to support 360 customer view.
- Define appropriate metrics, KPIs and benchmarks for omnichannel (channel effectiveness, campaign ROI, cost per touchpoint) in close collaboration with country teams.
- Capture on & offline country best practices & cases and leverage across the organisation.
- Establishes criteria and guidelines /SOPs for channel application based on analysis and evaluation of country needs, regulations and modes of delivery.
Who are you?
- Successful track record in digital marketing and/or omnichannel marketing with a minimum of 3+ years on an international level in the pharmaceutical industry. (European experience is a minimum requirement; global experience is preferred, pharmaceutical experience is a must).
- Proven experience in broad digital channels and knowledge of IT systems and latest development/innovation around marketing technology and integrated customer journey.
- Demonstrated track record in building robust and fully integrated end to end omnichannel strategies and customer roadmap.
- Hands-on self-starter with proven experience to shape the function in close collaboration with commercial and medical teams.
- Team player with ability to work in a fast pace and growing organisation and deliver quick wins as well as future vision.
- Strong communicator and successful influencer. Excellent presentation skills with a demonstrable ability to present complex issues and findings to a wide audience base.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and operates with confidence in ambiguous situations.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast-growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…