Global Medical Information Lead
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), and in Boston (US).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Global Medical Information Lead to support our Medical Affairs team.
Scope of the job
The Global Medical Information Lead will be part of the Global Medical Affairs (GMA) team. Responsible and accountable to set up of the Medical Information strategy on Global level.
- Develop, structure and lead Global Medical Information at Galapagos
- Implement the strategy and vision of for Global Medical Information (GMI) and work with respective country Medical Directors to support/lead various department initiatives.
- Internally or in collaboration with Medical Communications and Global Medical Teams and Gilead, develop and ensure communication of timely, accurate responses to unique and escalated inquires
- Establish required capabilities in countries (with local medical teams)
- Establish medical information systems internally or work with Gilead as needed
- Perform critical analysis and synthesis of internal/external literature
- Accountable for the medical information booth at national conferences
- Train and act as primary medical information resource to Medical Affairs as well as the Commercial teams
- Medical Information contact within the global Galapagos-Gilead partnership:
- Act as the main point of contact with Gilead’s Regional Medical Information team
- Ensure all enquiries are responded to in-line with the responses created globally.
- Consult with Gilead’s Regional Medical Information prior to responding to enquiries, which cannot be addressed by the standard response documents.
- Identify and summarise relevant scientific content to develop high-quality Medical Information content in consultation with Gilead Global MI team.
- Track recurring questions for need for creation of new responses.
- Coordinate with Compliance/Legal, Global Safety/Pharmacovigilance and Technical Operations to develop SOPs, procedures and training for reporting adverse events and product issues
- Active engagement with various cross-functional stakeholders e.g. Pharmacovigilance (PV), Quality, Clinical Development, Supply Chain, Medical Advisors, Medical Communications etc.
- Prepare metrics and monitor the level of service provided including the quality of responses, active customer engagement and customer satisfaction.
- Identify, contract, manage and train first-line medical information providers
- Manage the Global Medical Information budget
Who are you?
- An MS or PharmD is required. An advanced degree such as a medical degree, PhD is preferred
- >8 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, within a matrix structure is required
- >6 years of experience within medical affairs or clinical research roles is required:
- experience in Publications / Scientific Writing, Medical Communications, Medical Education, Medical Information (min. 2 years)
- Experience managing vendors and leading complex projects is required
- Deep knowledge of medical information best practices, legal and regulatory requirements, Codes of Practice, Standard Operating Practices and guidelines
- Capable of interacting with and managing our partners (Gilead), internal matrix and vendor partners. Having worked in a partnership before is therefore an interesting added value !
- Strong written and verbal communication in English
- Strong technology skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong business acumen including budget and resource planning as well as management
- Unquestionable ethics
What’s in it for you?
At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!