Finance Compliance Manager - Mechelen, BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing biotech company with offices in Europe, in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists, we need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
For our site in Mechelen, Belgium we are looking for a Finance Compliance Manager
Scope of the job
Galapagos is looking to hire a Finance Compliance Manager to support the Finance & Procurement team in ensuring Healthcare compliance is implemented and maintained. The Finance Compliance Manager will be the SPOC for all key stakeholders and will be the bridge between the Compliance and Finance & Procurement team. He/she will play a key role in the implementation of the healthcare compliance requirements, as opposed by the Compliance team, within the Finance & Procurement department. He/she will also be involved in the setup of reporting mechanisms.
- Coordinate the implementation of new compliance requirements within the Galapagos group for all Finance & Procurement related aspects and ensure proper reporting mechanisms for HCP related payments.
- Set up processes within the finance & procurement department in close collaboration with the different key stakeholders (e.g. Compliance department, Legal, IT, HR)
- Ensure the controls around the processes are designed properly and are functioning as designed. This includes obtaining proper buy-in from the key stakeholders within Finance and Procurement team.
- Coordinate, perform and contribute to compliance assessments
- Foster a strong customer service culture across the functions to ensure timely and accurate processing of transactions
- Contribute to compliance awareness, communication & knowledge including training of stakeholders within Finance & Procurement
- Promote a risk-aware culture within the Finance and Procurement department, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
Who are you?
- You have obtained a Master’s degree in Finance
- You have a minimum experience of 5 years in a financial compliance role in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with HCP Payments and Sunshine Act Reporting is a plus
- Your strong organization skills, high degree of flexibility, assertiveness and a critical mindset are key for success. In addition you are experienced in data gathering, problem solving and you have strong analytical skills
- Hands-on experience in designing processes, writing internal policies and procedures
- Comprehensive hands-on knowledge of MS excel is a must
- You will report to the Director Internal Control and will work closely with the Compliance, Finance & Procurement team
- You will need to be able to apply a risk based approach
- You are a good communicator (both written and oral) and a real team player
- Strong work ethics are expected
- The flexibility and independence to work in a strong changing environment
- Strong “hands on” attitude
- Ability to travel on an ad hoc basis (estimated 20%)
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. You will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!