Field Manager South Italy
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech
company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), and in US, Boston.
We are in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
Currently, we are looking for a Field Manager South Italy!
Scope of the role:
Galapagos is unstoppable and our commercial team is ready to take off in Italy as well. For this reason, we are looking for someone to take the lead and become our first Territory Manager South Italy.
As our Territory Manager, your primary focus will be growing the Italian sales organisation by coaching, effective management and leadership of the field force team. This will support the effective delivery of the sales, profit growth plan, and ensure execution of the commercial strategy.
- Develop and implement territory action plan leveraging Omni channel strategy to facilitate sales process and productivity;
- Generate demand and maximizes product awareness by working with and providing education and information to customers;
- Provide recommendations on customer strategies; coordinate the development of territory business plans;
- Coordinate business planning with input and liaison with other relevant managers and functional departments, as appropriate;
- Network and interface with internal colleagues and peers to share information and best practices while; remaining actively involved in industry and customer organizations that impact business success;
- Communicate competitive market information internally and revises account management strategy accordingly;
- Build and maintain strong business partnerships with key stakeholders in all accounts at area level in order to position Galapagos as a strategic partner functions;
- Cultivate and maintain long-term business relationships with key accounts and key opinion leaders within the targeted specialty community;
- Manage a team of 6 representatives for an assigned geographic area to ensure they meet the full requirements of their role.
- Work with team to create learning plans, recommend training and development solutions, and provide mentoring and coaching as appropriate;
- Lead a high performing team: capable of cultivating a “winning culture” that is customer focused and accountable.
Who are you?
- 3+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a regional sales manager role.
- With a strong network in Inflammations/Rheumatology.
- Demonstrated track record in successful (local) implementation and adoption of territory action plans.
- Experience in working with Omni channel strategy.
- Hands-on self-starter with proven experience to shape the function in close collaboration with the commercial teams
- Ability to work in a fast pace and growing organisation and deliver quick wins as well as future vision and roadmaps
- Strong communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Team player that effectively interacts with cross-functional stakeholders at multiple levels
- Excellent communication in Italian and English
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast-growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…