EPPM Business System Expert - Mechelen, BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland) and in Boston (US).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for an EPPM Business System Expert.
EPPM is the abbreviation for Enterprise Project and Portfolio Management Tool. The EPPM Business & System Expert/owner takes the lead in maintaining and improving the EPPM system ensuring all stakeholders and customers are served through excellent EPPM system performance for planning and costing and reporting services. The EPPM tool used at Galapagos is a plansiware software application.
- Owner of EPPM Change Management and Control
- Ensure oversight of system administration and configuration
- Responsible for maintaining system documentation
- Responsible for validation (as needed)
- Responsible for User Access Policy
- Responsible for performance, development, optimisation and customization of System/Tool in collaboration with stakeholders and customers (PMO, Procurement, functional departments, finance, ITS, Planisware, …)
- For optimizations, be responsible and lead the process of gathering business requirements, translate these to system requirements, develop, test, roll-out the developed system solutions with stakeholders (e.g. ITS and developers)
- Lead change control process and system governance
- Create Business processes to support optimal use of the EPPM tool (with Stakeholders)
- Stay up-to-date on latest process and technology advancements to automate and modernize the EPPM solution, taking into account evolutions at Galapagos, but as well external data systems and reporting tools
- Ensure from a business site, an optimal process for data use within GLPG resulting in an optimized EPPM data communication with other systems used at GLPG
- EPPM system issue management and resolution (incl. stakeholders)
- Solve possible system bugs and instabilities (incl. stakeholders)
- Customer service desk
- Share EPPM best practices and system knowledge within GLPG
- Put mechanisms / tools in place to ensure EPPM data quality by users
- Create user manuals for customers
Who are you?
- Master degree (Sciences, Business Engineering, IT, Economics)… or equivalent through experience
- 5+ years of experience with project planning and EPPM tools
- Business experience: 5+ years of Pharma experience with exposure to drug development, you are able to understand and describe its processes
- Experience with GxP and/or validation of systems is a plus
- You have an advanced knowledge of information systems, databases and business processes related to project management, planning, costing, budgeting and its reporting
- You have strong analytical skills allowing you to dig into data quickly and formulate relevant messages in an easy-to-understand, structured way
- You have knowledge of reporting tools from leading vendors
- You are eager to learn and to innovate
- Passion for working with systems and databases
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizing skills
- Pragmatic and user-centric, with a sense of urgency; ability to work under stress
- You strive to the highest quality and you have an eye for detail
- You are dynamic, creative and take initiative
- You have the ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems, keeping a positive mind set and always looking at the bigger picture.
- You challenges the status-quo: detect opportunities to improve measurements, way of reporting, processes; you are a problem solver
- You set ambitious goals for yourself and respect deadlines, you work through completion of deliverables and documentation
- You create clear and comprehensive training material, you lead training group sessions
- Ability to adapt to the audience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!