Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in the US, Boston.
Soon to come : Spain, Italy, Germany and UK
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
For our site in ROMAINVILLE, France we are looking for a
Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics/Bioanalytical Expert
Scope of the job
In the Research DMPK department of Galapagos, you will support the Team in various therapeutic areas and contribute to the transition of early hits to pre-clinical candidates.
Within the matrix organization project management:
- You provide scientific and technical expertise to streamline the research plan for DMPK investigations of discovery compounds.
- You collaborate with the Project Leader and Project Team to identify DMPK issues and best way-forward towards selection of pre-clinical candidates
- You provide in vitro and in vivo data interpretation
- You coordinate studies with external service providers for preclinical in vitro and in vivo studies
- Write related reports
Who are you?
- Master or PhD in Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics or analytical sciences and at least 5-7 years, ideally 10 years, of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Has in-depth understanding and track-record of in vitro and in vivo DMPK assays, methods and models, and has experience with automated processes
- Has strong organizational skills and enjoys working in cross functional teams
- Has excellent communication skills in English in writing and in presenting to team, can compile and comprehensively present reports and plans
- Can work under ambitious timelines in the context of multidisciplinary team work
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!