Development Project Management Leader - Mechelen, BE or Leiden, NL
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Development Project Management Leader.
Scope of the job
As a core member of a project team, the project management leader (PML) owns, manages and operationalizes the integrated project plan of assigned drug development projects. He/She liaises with the project leader, the functional leads and the functional project managers (FPMs) to implement and optimize the drug development strategy
- Collaborate with the project leader and the cross functional project team to develop and manage execution of project strategy.
- Coordinate project team meetings. Drive agenda setting, facilitate, document and follow up on action items.
- Act as the champion of the project team culture; align project team members and other stakeholders, manage relationships and create team spirit enabling project delivery. Be ahead of potential issues or escalate as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the project leader, ensure accurate project information is available for internal (eg. management updates) and external communication.
- If applicable, manage and coordinate the collaboration of the project team with alliance partner(s)
- Enable creation of the Integrated Development Plan (IDP) through collaboration with the project Leader and the project team members
- Together with the Functional PMs and the functional leads, PMLs translate the scientific strategy into a cross functional project plan (Planisware) and monitor the cross functional critical path for scope, cost and timeline variances.
- Ensure communication of the cross functional project status to the project team and other stakeholders.
- Lead the Project Planning Allignment Meetings (PPAM)
- Lead budget and forecast exercises for the assigned projects and build scenario’s as required to evaluate strategic options.
- Lead the project risk management exercises for assigned projects and ensure the documentation thereof.
- Drive lessons learnt sessions and provide secure environment to evaluate project related activities and learn from previous experience
- Contribute to the project management organization through sharing best practices and contributing to improvement projects.
- Take a project manager role or act as a project management representative in business projects.
- Adherence to existing Policies and Procedures and ensure timely completion of relevant training.
Who are you ?
Master of Science (MSc) or PhD in Science or Business related field; 5+ yrs experience in project management for drug development with relevant experience in cross-functional aspects thereof; advanced knowledge of information systems and business processes for project management and reporting.
- Builds strong relationships with project leader, the project team members and with other project stakeholders across the R&D matrix and the shared services organisation.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, proven track record of consensus building and conflict management in challenging situations.
- Contributes to a sound project environment allowing the team to focus on project delivery.
- Nurtures innovation and supports the team to bring innovation to reality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!