Customer Insights Lead - Mechelen, BE / Leiden, NL
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in the US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
Scope of the job
Create and execute global Insights Generation Plans in close collaboration with cross functional teams and aggregate data from different sources to deliver actionable insights and optimize business decision making.
You are responsible for collecting customer and market insights through various channels, using state of the art methodologies that allow data to be translated into actionable insights, supporting cross functional teams to understand customer needs and optimize strategy and customer interfaces (MCM). In second instance, this role may help creating and executing customer segmentation & profiling frameworks.
Examples of your key responsibilities:
- Being a strategic thought-partner to the inflammation and fibrosis teams by leading the design, planning & execution of strategic insights generation plans to inform brand strategy;
- provide actionable insights to inform strategy, execution and investments
- are supportive of optimizing customer experience
- create scalable and straightforward approach to gather, analyse and share insights across primary, secondary and 3rd party data sources & functions
- consolidate finding into integrated learnings from insights for data driven decision making
- Providing deep subject matter expertise to the business including
- methods to gather insights on continues basis to provide ‘real time’ understanding of our customers’ needs
- different approaches for qualitative and quantitative research in various stakeholder groups (i.e. HCP, patients, payers)
- methodologies for predictive analytics such as conjoint analysis
- experience with data analytics to optimize channel & brand strategies
- Partner with colleagues in i.e. Marketing, Medical, Forecasting & Analytics, IT and Digital to ensure effective pull through of market insights and understanding in i.e. product forecasts, brand- and MCM strategy
- Establish select list of preferred vendors able to service the complex needs of Galapagos with regard to customer insights
- Experience with agile methodology to plan, design and run pilots to rapidly measure impact and adapt is a pre
Who are you
- 5+ years’ experience in leading customer insights in pharma, including global scope (especially EU and US markets)
- Experience working with multi-channel/digital partners
- Track-record of research that has driven actionable change and a positive impact on business and customer satisfaction
- Proven track-record of delivering customer journey projects that identified areas where to add differentiating value
- Expertise in a broad range of qualitative / quantitative research methodologies, research and tools
- Demonstrated ability to aggregate data from different sources and communicate complex issues with clarity
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and operates with confidence in ambiguous situations
- Able to set priorities, develop and manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Operates on both strategic and operational level
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!