Country Legal Counsel - Copenhagen, Nordic countries
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium
(Mechelen), France (Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland
(Basel), Spain (Madrid), Italy (Milan), the UK (London), Germany
(Munich) and in the US, (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover
and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone
before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want
to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid
thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters.
Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the
best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
For our site in Copenhagen, Denmark we are looking for a Country Legal Counsel - Nordic countries
Scope of the job
We are looking for a Country Legal Counsel - Nordics to reinforce the Galapagos legal team that is supporting the commercial and medical affairs department.
The position covers the legal affairs of Galapagos’ businesses in the Nordics (Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland). You will be located in Copenhagen, Denmark. This is a new role resulting from the ongoing expansion of the business activities.
Serve as the “go to” legal representative for the commercial and medical affairs team located in Copenhagen, Denmark, and operating in the Nordic countries.
- Proactively collaborate with the commercial and medical affairs team on new as well as ongoing commercial strategies, thereby identifying and analysing legal risks and proposing appropriate actions to secure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and policies
- Provide legal advice on pharmaceutical law and compliance, promotion and commercialization of medicinal products, market access, procurement law, pricing and reimbursement matters, competition law and data protection.
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of agreements relevant to Galapagos’ operations including supply, distribution, marketing and sales agreements.
- Provide training to commercial and medical operations staff regarding data protection as well as legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to the biopharmaceutical industry
- Manage commercial disputes and assist with litigation matters
- Manage outside counsels
- As Country Legal Counsel for theNordics, you will report to the Senior Counsel, Commercial & Medical Affairs Global and Nordics , who has her reporting line into the legal head for commercial and medical affairs. You will also be part of and work closely with our team of other Country Legal Counsels on joint projects.
Who are you?
- You have a Master’s degree in Law
- At least 6-8 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry gained at a top national or international firm and/or inhouse
- Ability to work independently. Well organized, independent and innovative. A commitment to operational excellence and getting the job done
- Pragmatic approach and a hands-on-attitude
- Excellent knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to pharmaceutical law and compliance, promotion and commercialization of medicinal products, market access, procurement law, pricing and reimbursement matters and data protection
- Experienced in supporting commercial and medical operations functions; knowledge of contracts in commercial setting
- Excellent and confident presentational skills, both written and oral
- Flexible and creative, strongly developed business sense, able to take decisions under time pressure
- Good eye for detail and for compliance challenges
- Fluent (both oral and written) in English is a must
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As
‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your
job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who
stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal
and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind
Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading
position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research.
Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!