Corporate Legal Counsel - Mechelen, BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium
(Mechelen), France (Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland
(Basel), Spain (Madrid), Italy (Milan), the UK (London), Germany
(Munich) and in the US, (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover
and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone
before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want
to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid
thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters.
Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the
best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
For our site in Mechelen, Belgium we are looking for a Corporate Legal Counsel
Scope of the job
Are you passionate about corporate law and M&A, and familiar with the legal intricacies of listed companies? Are you keen to support Galapagos’ alliances activities? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a team of highly-motivated colleagues?
You might be the person we are looking for!
For our Legal Department, we are looking for a Corporate Legal Counsel with an interest in Legal Alliance Management.
- You will provide transactional support for Galapagos’ strategic deals and legal advice on the day-to-day operations of Galapagos as a European and US listed entity.
- You will provide advice on corporate governance and other corporate legal matters for Galapagos NV and the Galapagos group as a whole.
- You will also be involved in remuneration matters and Galapagos’ external financial reports.
- You will provide legal support to Galapagos’ alliances activities.
- You will negotiate and draft agreements with (Galapagos’) alliance partners.
- You will provide strategic advice on alliance-related legal matters and day-to-day legal support to the Alliance Management team.
- You will ensure smooth and efficient coordination with all relevant internal stakeholders.
- You will work in a close-knit corporate team consisting of the Legal Head Corporate and Alliances and a Corporate Legal Counsel, and will work closely with the Finance, HR, Investor Relations, IP and Alliance Management teams, to ensure that corporate and alliance legal needs are met swiftly and smoothly, while safeguarding Galapagos’ legal interests.
Who are you?
- You are a legal professional with a Belgian Master degree in Law (preferably with a Major in Economic or Company Law).
- You have approximately 3 to 5 years of experience as a corporate lawyer in an international law firm or as an in-house counsel in an international environment.
- You are well versed in the rules of the new Belgian companies code, corporate governance code and securities laws.
- You have transactional experience and a creative mindset.
- You have experience with drafting complex agreements.
- You have an interest in life sciences. An LL.M. from a US law school or experience in a US listed company would be an asset.
- You are a highly detail-oriented, rigorous, well-organized person.
- You value building relationships with your colleagues and internal clients. Last but not least, you have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and in Dutch.
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As
‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your
job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who
stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal
and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind
Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading
position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research.
Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!