Commercial Manager Distributors - Remote position
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), the Netherlands (Leiden), Germany (Munich), France (Romainville / Paris), Switzerland (Basel), UK (London), Italy (Milan), Spain (Madrid), the Nordics, Austria (Vienna), Ireland and in US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Commercial Manager Distributors !
This position can be located in any of our existing EU entities (see above).
Scope of the job:
The Commercial Manager Distributors is a key role within the Commercial Team. Supporting the Area Head to achieve the commercial goals for the respective geographical region (EU) and will be working closely together with our Distributor partner.
The Distributor markets are the following countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia.
The distributor will commercialize our first medicine on behalf of Galapagos across these markets while Galapagos will be responsible for providing the finished product.
- Ensure and support the execution of the Galapagos commercial strategy for the distributor markets
- Co-Develop, review and manage the Annual Plans from the distributor
- Support the Achievement of assigned Revenue Targets
- Monitor the performance of the product in the distributor region and report monthly progress to senior management
- Regularly align and update the 7 years Business Plan as required in agreement with both GLPG and the distributor
- Act as single point of contact between the distributor & the Galapagos organization
- Manage Forecasting process including samples with the Distributor in a timely and accurate manner
- In close co-operation with the supply chain and finance, ensure timely execution of monthly /quarter shipments, including invoicing
- Work closely with Galapagos Global Marketing Teams and the distributor to ensure full and rapid information and knowledge transfer of Brand strategies, Brand positioning, communication messages, Brand Guidelines and scientific data
- Identify product opportunities that could drive incremental revenue, aligned with distributor
Who are you:
- Minimum Bachelors’ Degree (or equivalent) in Life sciences, Finance, Business or International Management - MBA or Master’s degree is an advantage
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in a Sales or Commercial role with an international brand that operates across multiple markets and channels.
- In depth knowledge and proven experience of Business Administration, Commerce, Statistics and reporting.
- Pharma and/or Medical Devices or similar Life Science industry experience is essential
- Above country experience is desirable
- Alliance partnership or co-promotion experience
- Experience in the European region is a must
- Knowledge of market access processes
- Strong communication, negotiation & influence skills, at management level
- Strong Financial & Commercial acumen
- Team Player; connects with all cultures & values
- Strong Organizational, Time Management. Project Management& Presentation skills
- Self-starter adding value immediately
- Natural problem solver with a cooperative style
- Comfortable working with ambiguity
- English proficient - at least 1 other European language relevant for the area preferred
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!