Commercial Data Manager
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), and in US, Boston.
We are in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you !
We are looking for a Commercial Data Manager
Scope of the job
Some key phrases that are associated with this role include: Master Data Management, Project Management, Data Architecture, Data Contracting, Data Processing, Data Governance, Data Strategy, Data Mining, Data Quality, Data Storage, Data Transformation
- Set and execute the commercial data management strategy. Use innovative thinking and technology to ensure robust data sets are available for consumption.
- Management of commercial data acquisition. Responsible for scoping data requirements, negotiating data contracts and obtaining data from vendors.
- Responsible for data cleansing and transformation. Define the business rules and logic for data transformation.
- Establish data governance standards including standard operating procedures and data catalog
- Work cross functionally with both business and ITS to build automated pipelines and load data into cloud data platform
- Work closely with and guide local business teams on data rules, data management training and ad-hoc support to ensure local capabilities are built and local datasets conform to data quality standards.
- Scout for new data management technologies and ways of working to ensure innovation and leadership in data management is maintained.
- Scout for open data sets acquire and enrich existing data
- Strong analytical skills including ability to effectively diagnose and troubleshoot problems that may arise; qualitative/quantitative and structured/unstructured datasets
Who are you ?
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in engineering, computing, business analytics, physics, mathematics or related field
- 5+ years’ experience working with commercial data and commercial pharma process
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical systems data – sales data, activity data, marketing data etc (ERP (preferably SAP), Salesforce / Veeva CRM and IQVIA datasets (OneKey, MIDAS, etc)
- Experience with market research datasets (Conjoint studies, PRF studies, ATU studies)
- Experience designing and executing data management process
- Knowledge of DW, MDM and CRM desired
- Experience working with MS office including Excel
- Experience acquiring, transforming and manipulating large data sets
- Experience with scripting language (python) and SQL
- Working knowledge or willingness to learn:
- AWS big data environment
- Entrepreneurial and natural leader that seeks responsibility and is comfortable driving the data function
- Business technologist with robust understanding of commercial business and technological tools
- Comfortable communicating with business and technical stakeholder in ‘their own languages’
- Highly organised and comfortable with managing multiple stakeholders and projects and delivering on time
- Open communicator – flags issues / concerns, as they arise and keeps stakeholders informed, with good news and bad, managing expectations.
- Creative, capable of thinking around problems and defining innovative solutions.
- Combines high-personal standards with pragmatism to get the job done.
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!