Commercial Controlling Manager - Paris, FR
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
For our site in Romainville, France we are looking for a Commercial Controlling Manager.
As a Commercial Controlling Manager you act as a financial business partner for the commercial team of Galapagos. You will support the prelaunch and after launch activities in France for our first commercialized product. As part of the Commercial Finance team you will partner with the Global and Local Commercial teams to achieve the annual and long term targets.
More specifically you can divide the responsibilities into three categories:
Analyzing and Reporting Figures – Finance Excellence
- You provide accurate & business-relevant analyses and translate these into clear visions and recommendations, covering net revenue, internal spending reports and market & competitor analysis;
- You act as a true business partner in defining business KPI’s and advise the business teams on the evolution of these KPI’s;
- You ensure compliance with and execution of IFRS requirements.
- You proactively identify and communicate areas for financial improvement;
- You will be part of the local launch team from finance perspective;
- In cooperation with the business teams you will not only guide and execute the planning process (budgeting and forecasting) but also translate the strategy into a financial plan taking into account the general targets;
- You are the financial sparring partner for pricing simulations;
- You will integrate effectively across the company's matrix organization to improve efficiency and achieve desired results
Optimization of finance processes and procedures
- You support the SAP implementation: build standardized reports for relevant stakeholders;
- You build budget impact models for individual hospitals in close cooperation with the commercial team;
- Basic CRM/data manager activities, ie. release mgt, segmentations, surveys, cycle plan uploads
Who are you?
- You have obtained a degree in finance or equivalent;
- You have at least 5 years relevant budgeting, financial planning and reporting experience;
- You have relevant experience in pharmaceutical industry;
- You have a strong analytical mind and you want to offer relevant insights to key business stakeholders;
- You are able to pragmatically define solutions, capture and understand all relevant details when necessary;
- You are ambitious and energetic with a positive can-do attitude;
- You enjoy working in an international team and strongly believe in the synergy effect of working towards a common goal;
- You are fluently in English;
- You are an enthusiastic communicator who is able to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization;
- You are strong in Excel and Experience in SAP is considered as a plus.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in biopharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!