Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville, Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Spain (Madrid), Italy (Milan), UK, Germany and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
For our site in Madrid, Spain we are looking for an Commercial Assistant.
As a Commercial Assistant, you will be responsible for the efficient functioning of the office through a range of logistic, financial, and administrative tasks. You will work on a one-to-one basis on a variety of tasks related to a Commercial Team working life and communication, and support the team working in the Madrid office in the Commercial and Market Access functions.
The job is very wide-ranging and has a lot of variety:
• Implement and maintain procedures and office administrative systems
• Organize company events or conferences together with our communication colleagues.
• Follow-up on a variety of suppliers, from ordering to invoicing
• Undertake the tasks of receiving calls, taking messages, and routing correspondence
• Maintain diary, arrange meetings and appointments, and provide reminders
• Make travel arrangements and handle expense reporting
• Monitor office supplies and research advantageous deals or suppliers
• Produce reports, presentations, and briefs
• Develop and carry out an efficient documentation and filing system
• Coordinate space and office organization
• Assist with other work that is within the responsibilities of the assistants in the overall Galapagos task pool and participate in cross-coverage needs.
Who are you?
You are a mature and experienced person who is able to work in an autonomous way. Your organization skills are well appreciated and your structured way of working makes sure the office functions efficiently. You are a good communicator who is able to connect with many different partners of various nationalities and levels. You keep your cool, even if situations may seem stressful. Preferably you have a bachelor degree and experience in office management in a change environment.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in biopharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!