Clinical Project Manager - Mechelen, BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Clinical Project Manager.
Scope of the job
You are responsible for clinical project management incl. coordination, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling, budgeting and clinical delivery for various drug development projects within the Planisware Enterprise Project and Portfolio management and reporting tool (EPPM). As Clinical project manager, you create high quality clinical plans and effective communication and reporting of the project/portfolio status to all stakeholders.
- You translate scientific strategy into clinical project plan in the GLPG Planning and Reporting tool (planisware) for one or more drug development programs/projects
- You create clinical project plans, set timelines for and dependencies between clinical deliverables, define budget and resource needs, perform critical path analysis, taking into account cross-functional interdependencies in the overall development project plan
- You identify and manage operational risks and issues with the team and ensure contingency planning
- You ensure project communication, develop and run project plan reports and distribute to the stakeholder pool
- You develop, maintain and optimize clinical project plan templates in line with the GLPG business processes and benchmarks
- You work with clinical project team members and take accountability of the timely completion of clinical activities by continuously monitoring progress balancing scope, cost, timelines and risk
- You perform scenario simulations and advise on optimum development planning.
- You ensure the planning and reporting tool (Planisware) is optimally used to support the teams (project plan templates, resource algorithms, costing, reporting).
- You work with Operations and Project Management staff and coach and support less experienced project managers or project planners.
Who are you ?
- You have Master degree and more than 5 years of experience in Clinical development, Clinical Operations or Clinical project management for drug development projects/programs
- You have a good knowledge of the drug development life cycle and the complex interaction between various functions (preclinical, clinical, CMC, regulatory etc.)
- You have an advanced knowledge of information systems and business processes related to project planning, budgeting and reporting
- Project management certification (PMP or equivalent) is a plus
- Experience with Planisware and SAP is a plus
- You have excellent analytical, planning and organizing skills.
- You have proven record of accomplishment of consensus building and conflict management in challenging situations, while continuously challenging the status quo.
- You have a customer focus,
- Stakeholder management has no secrets for you.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!