Buyer Pre-clinical and Pharmaceutical Development
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), Germany (Munchen), Italy (Milan), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel) and in the US, (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Buyer Pre-Clinical & Pharmaceutical Development - Paris, FR or Mechelen, BE
Scope of the job
This Buyer-position at Galapagos supports Pharmaceutical Development outsourcing with CROs and CDMOs. You work in close collaboration with Pre-clinical Development (Safety, ADME, bioanalysis & non clinical studies) and with Chemical Manufacturing Controls (Drug Substance development, analytical, etc.). We are particularly looking for your ability to adapt and implement the category strategy for this scope with the manager, and your enthusiasm to support stakeholders in procurement and vendors business management.
- Understand Business needs to propose and update procurement strategies and support.
- Support business in RFP performance, negotiations, benchmarks, trends and bid defense.
- Create, update, populate and implement outsourcing purchasing tools (RFP-RFQ).
- Constantly dig on the market to bring innovation and to understand the CROs and CDMOs cost structures.
- Work closely with procurement officers and supply officers to ensure a full P2P process.
- Supplier Relationship Management: with the support of internal customers, relationship building, data review and analysis, performance monitoring and improvement.
- Contracting: Systematically and efficiently co-lead supply agreement negotiation with legal and business.
- Ensure, apply and deploy integrity of the procurement strategy satisfying efficiency, regulatory, quality and achievement of goals.
- Understand and adhere to the organization's policies and procedures and relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct.
- Back up support of other buyers.
Who are you?
- Master degree in business, sales or management.
- An initial diploma in life sciences (Biology, Pharmacy, Chemistry) is a significant plus. We definitely welcome your curiosity and interest in working in a highly scientific environment.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an international environment with experience in pharmaceutical R&D procurement.
- Excellent communication skills and team spirit are essential for success. The candidate should be able to work within an organization of highly educated, experienced professionals.
- Excellent negotiation and analytical skills.
- He/she has a high energy level and a drive to set up the right process culture within the fast growing and changing organization of Galapagos.
- Teamwork is critical, you share our philosophy that we can achieve more together than alone.
- Good interpersonal skills and communicative strength to support/coach development business functions.
- Result driven, dynamic and flexible. Strong work ethics are expected as well as talent for project leadership.
- SAP knowledge and experience.
- Fluency in English. French and/or Dutch is a plus.
- Flexibility to travel within Europe.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!