Business Reporting Analyst - Mechelen, BE
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), and in US, Boston.
We are in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Business Reporting Analyst.
Scope of the job
In the context of Drug Development Projects, you are responsible for the analysis, development, documentation, and maintenance of all project and portfolio reports to support portfolio decision-making and assist the Development organization with data analytics to support initiatives for data integrity and benchmarking purposes. You contribute in shaping the reporting landscape to ensure effective communication of the project/portfolio status to all stakeholders,
- You identify reporting gaps by managing stakeholder needs on all levels within the Development organization
- You translate stakeholder requirements into reporting deliverables in a timely manner using tools like Planisware, Microsoft Excel, Spotfire, Tableau, RStudio, …
- You assist the Development organization with project data analytics on timelines, costs, resources to support initiatives for project integrity and benchmarking purposes.
- You are responsible to execute the reporting cycle and capture feedback from customers to improve services and processes
- You actively search for ways to continuously collect data from multiple systems to improve reporting capabilities e.g. Planisware, SAP, CTMS, …
- You train end users on self-service reports and dashboards (e.g. High level project Gantts and dashboards) and be the first point of contact for troubleshooting in the planning and reporting tool Planisware
You collaborate with the Project Management Organization to improve report data quality
Who are you?
- You have Master degree and more than 5 years of experience in Reporting and Business analytics
- You have a good knowledge of the drug development life cycle and the complex interaction between various functions (preclinical, clinical, CMC, regulatory etc.)
- You have an advanced knowledge of information systems and business processes related to project planning, budgeting and reporting
- You have a good understanding of the project management, ordering and budgeting contexts
- Stakeholder management has no secrets for you. You have a customer focus and service is your n°1 priority
- Experience with Planisware and SAP is a plus
- Knowledge of reporting tools from leading vendors is a plus
- You are dynamic, creative and show initiative and like working in an international context
- You have strong analytical skills allowing you to dig into a lot of information quickly and formulate relevant messages in an easy-to-understand, structured way
- You detect opportunities for improving measurement, reporting, governance and processes, you are a problem solver
- You are able to create clear and comprehensive training material and lead training group sessions
- You are well organized and structured in your tasks, setting ambitious goals for yourself and respecting deadlines and documentation guidelines. You are flexible and you can cope with stress during peak periods.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English are a must
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!