Brand Director (Inflammation)
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for a Brand Director (Inflammation) to join our Leiden / Mechelen or Basel based commercial team, supporting our growing Inflammation portfolio.
Scope of the job
The Brand Director Inflammation will be a key member in HQ Commercial team at Galapagos. And will be responsible for the development and execution of the brand strategy, ensuring Local Operating Companies have guidance and support to prepare and implement commercial activities.
The Brand Director will report to the VP Marketing Inflammation and work in partnership with the Market Access, Medical, Business Intelligence and Development colleagues. Together you will ensure seamless launch execution is in line with business strategy and goals in Europe.
- Support the Global/regional commercial team in developing the Global and EU5/ BNL brand strategy for Filgotinib in Rheumatology and Gastro-enterology ensuring alignment to global branding and positioning, by providing understanding of EU5/BNL cultures and economies.
- Executes the EU5/BNL brand strategy and works in close collaboration with Operating Company Marketing teams to prepare and implement commercial activities as defined in the brand plan,
- Partners with cross-functional team to ensure that the brand meets the defined unmet customer needs.
- Business Partner with Market Research and Analytics to drive actionable insights to inform situational analysis, strategy and inform activities including material development
- Develops marketing materials that support brand positioning within the different product life cycle stages, capitalizing on the complete channel mix across EU5 / BNL including new digital capabilities.
- Responsible for digital/omnichannel customer journey development, implementation and follow up so strong MCM experience or interest is a must have
- Responsible for European congress management from a commercial perspective
- Implements and monitors systems and metrics to reflect brand performance, tactics and channel effectiveness
- Scans and screens the market place to ensure the product meets unmet customer demands and key stakeholders realize the economic and value proposition.
- Develops relationships with key scientific and business opinion leaders to support the brand positioning conveying brand awareness messages and to capture input to better define and execute the brand strategy.
- Analyses information gathered to identify opportunities and risks within current plans to enable early insights and development of corrective measures.
Who are you?
- You have a university degree (Science, Medical, Economics, and Marketing).
- Minimum 5-7 years prior experience in Marketing/ Brand Management in corporate medical environment (pharma, biotech).
- Demonstrated ability to manage existing brands and/or development and implementation of brand strategies for new products.
- Experience in sales and marketing, working with and developing customer relations
- Have a deep understanding of the role of all key stakeholders and functions in the development of brand strategy and have experience working with local operating companies
- Prior experience in working with external agencies and vendors is required.
- Proven ability to have impact in a matrix organization and engagement of teams
- Ability to work effectively in virtual teams.
- Rheumatology or Gastro expertise is an asset
- Self-starter, entrepreneur, can do mentality and highly self-motivated personality
- High adaptability and flexibility and strong in motivating and engaging people
- High resilience and feeling comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
- Open to work with a partner team (Gilead) on Global and regional level. Ideally you would have worked in alliances between companies
- Role involves travel so working flexibility is required
- Fluent in English, any other language is an asset
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!