Benefits Lead (Mechelen/BE, Leiden/NL or London/UK)
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland), Italy (Milan), Spain (Madrid), Germany (Muchen), UK (London) and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for Galapagos’ Benefits Lead
Scope of the job
The Total Reward function is seeking a Benefits Lead to act as the subject matter expert in benefits design and delivery. It has a strong focus on the continuous optimisation of employee satisfaction in balance with management of labour costs and in solid compliance with regulations across Galapagos’ countries. The Benefits Lead will manage all aspects of Galapagos’ benefits programs, including health and welfare, retirement, holidays, ancillary benefits and certain other HR policies. Besides your technical expertise, we welcome your collaborative mindset and the drive ‘to make it happen’!
This position reports to the Head of Total Reward.
- Articulate and implement a benefits strategy and continue to monitor its competitiveness at a local level in close collaboration with the Head of Total Reward.
- Strong focus on strategy, design and communications, work closely with Payroll and local HR resources to ensure benefits administration is carried out appropriately.
- Work with the Head of Total Reward to ensure all benefits programs align with organizational objectives and are effective in attracting, rewarding, and retaining key talent.
- Provide in-depth expert knowledge and advice regarding all aspects of benefits.
- Work with Business HR and Country HR to ensure that the company adheres to local governance requirements for all benefits programs, including consideration of local works councils, labor unions, and acquired rights; lead on country benefits harmonization efforts in the context of M&A situations
- Take the lead on the evaluation, recommendation and selection of benefits vendors and brokers, and interfaces with them and external benefits consultants
- Support overall wellness, family leave and D&I initiatives
- Prepare and analyse cost estimates/projections regarding modifications to benefits programs and implementation of new programs
- Analyse and monitor the on-going effectiveness of benefits programs to ensure external competitiveness and internal equity are maintained. Responsible for completion of benefits survey participation materials.
- Present recommendations regarding changes to existing programs to Head of Total Rewards and other internal stakeholders.
- Partner with Global Mobility to manage effective administration of international assignments as it relates to benefits.
- Make recommendations for corrective or alternative actions to resolve benefits-related issues.
- Serve as a project coordinator or team member for various HR and interdepartmental projects.
You are a seasoned Benefits expert with:
- 8-10+ years’ experience in international benefits including designing and driving benefits programs across multiple countries as well as a maintaining the balance between strategic thinking and focusing on execution
- BA or BS Required (Business, Finance, Actuarial or Accounting-related preferred)
- Experience working in Life Sciences industry and/or consultancy background preferred
- A strong understanding of benefits requirements within the different markets including industry best practices, frameworks and models, needs and challenges, and market trends. Where information is unknown within a specific country, individual is proactive and knowledgeable about where to find answers to questions
- Ability to engage with and influence at all levels, a strong team player, with a heavy focus on interacting with Business HR and Country HR within the local international markets. Also has regular interaction with the Head of Total Reward, other Total Reward colleagues and Payroll
- Position requires the ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural, geographically dispersed, virtual team
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in writing and verbally, required; Dutch and other European language skills are a plus
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!