Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland) and in Boston (US).
We are in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for an associate scientist Target Modulation (VIE Program) – Mechelen,BE
Scope of the job
You will be part of a team that develops and runs biophysical, biochemical and/or cellular assays for pharmacological modulation of novel targets and pathways with small molecules, siRNA and/or antibodies. You will participate in several drug discovery programs, from hit finding to development, in coordination with other teams and using cutting-edge technologies.
of practical lab work, you will be involved in analysis, reporting and
discussion of experimental results within the team.
Who are you?
• Master Degree or PhD (biology, biochemistry, pharmacy or equivalent)
• Previous experience in protein biophysics/biochemistry or mammalian cell culture techniques is essential
• Motivated, flexible and fast learner
• Team player with good organizational and administration skills
Professional communication in English is a must, both in writing and verbal
The conditions for undertaking a V.I.E:
To become an International Intern in a Company, you must fulfil the following conditions :
- Be aged at least 18 but not yet 29 : you must be 28 when you start your assignment, bearing in mind that a V.I.E contract always starts on the 1st of the month.
- Be French or a European citizen.
- Be in good standing with regard to the national service obligations of your country(ies) (defence ID n°).
- Have a clean criminal record.
- Be able to devote yourself full time to your assignment : no part-time work, entrepreneurship, studies or paid activity at the same time as your V.I.E.
- Accept the letter of appointment that you sign with Business France which sets out your rights and your duties during your assignment.
Please find more practical information about the VIE Program here: https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F10040
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!