Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland) and in Boston (US).
We are in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for an Associate Scientist Novel technologies
Scope of the job
You will be part of a team that identifies and implements potential novel technologies within the organization to further increase the innovation potential of our drug discovery engine. On top of practical lab work, you will be involved in analysis and reporting of experimental results within the team.
Who are you?
• You have a Bachelor or Master Degree (biology, biochemistry, pharmacy or equivalent) or equivalent through experience
• You work accurately and precisely
• Expertise in protein biochemistry or mammalian cell culture techniques is essential
• Experience in working in an industrial setting for more than 2 years and knowledge of protein biology or cellular biology, pharmacology are an advantage
• A team player, enthusiastic and highly motivated with good organizational and administrative skills
• Professional communication in English is a must, both in writing and verbal
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.