Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville & Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), the UK (London), Germany (München), and in the US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for an Associate Scientist Compound Evaluation – Mechelen,BE
You will be part of an enthusiastic, team at the heart of Galapagos, that performs the optimization and automation of in vitro assays aiming at identifying and maturing hits obtained from a diverse set of libraries within our drug discovery programs. The team runs a diverse set of biochemical, cellular and phenotypic assays to support our hit-to-lead and lead optimization programs.
Scope of the job
Under supervision of a more senior team member, you will contribute to assay validation and conversion of biochemical and cellular assays into a high throughput format, execute experiments in an independent way, help your colleagues and you will process and report on data obtained.
Who are you?
• Master’s Degree (Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology or equivalent) or equivalent through experience
• A team player, enthusiastic and highly motivated with good organizational and administrative skills
• Prior expertise in high-throughput screening, using a broad range of in vitro assay methods for biochemical, cellular and phenotypic screening is highly desirable
• Knowledge of general IT
• Affinity for lab automation is a plus
• Experience in working in an industrial setting is an advantage
• Professional communication in English is a must, both in writing and verbal communication
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!