Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Basel (Switzerland) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you.
We are looking for an Associate Scientist Compound Evaluation – Mechelen,BE
Scope of the job
You will be part of a team that performs the optimization and automation of in vitro assays aiming at identifying hits from libraries of small synthetic molecules to support our drug discovery programs. In addition of high throughput screens the team runs a divers set of biochemical, cellular and phenotypic assays to support our hit-to-lead and lead optimization programs.
Under supervision of a more senior staff member, you contribute to assay validation and conversion of biochemical and cellular assay into high throughput format, you execute experiments in an independent way, and you process and report the data.
Who are you?
• Master Degree (Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology or equivalent) or equivalent through experience
• Prior expertise in high-throughput screening using a broad range of in vitro assay methods for biochemical, cellular and phenotypic screening is highly desirable
• Affinity for lab automation and knowledge of general IT
• Experience in working in an industrial setting is an advantage
• A team player, enthusiastic and highly motivated with good organizational and administrative skills
• Professional communication in English is a must, both in writing and verbal
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!