Associate Project Leader Late Stage Development and US Office Head
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Spain (Madrid), Italy (Milano), Germany (Munich) and in US, Boston.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you : The ‘make-it-happeners’.
To strenghten our team in the Boston office we are looking for an Associate Project Leader Late Stage Development and US Office Head who will be responsible for :
- Managing the office day-to-day operations, including maintaining the office budget, making executive level decisions in case of unanticipated circumstances and effectively communicating to all concerned parties (US and global office).
- Acting as go-to person for US employees with respect to local employee topics, leading Boston office team meetings and informing US employees of company objectives and key company developments.
- Ensuring consistency in Galapagos ways of working across geographies by organizing training and becoming an ambassador for key company systems (relevant network platforms) and initiatives.
- Championing the US office and its employees within Galapagos by effectively connecting with the HQ overseas and Senior Leadership to optimize US operations
- Partnering with other functions to ensure the success of the US office (HR, IT, Finance, Legal).
- Acting as the face and the advocate for Galapagos in the Boston Biotech/Pharma community. Build connections and promote Galapagos vision and reputation in the local business community in partnership with relevant functions (for example communication and IR).
- Act as line manager of the local administrative staff.
- Lead by example with respect to Galapagos way of working and Galapagos culture, and support the team in the changing environment. Promote respectful and inclusive teamwork.
Support the Project Leader(s) for Gilead-opted-in projects:
- Assist the Project Leader (PL) in driving the product strategy through collaboration across all R&D disciplines and effective integration and collaboration with Commercial & TechOps.
- Together with the PL and Project Team (PT) members (Functional Team Leads), lead the creation and maintenance of an Integrated Development Plan (IDP) for the compound/indication. Partner closely with PT members to ensure that the tactical deliverables are aligned with the strategic objectives and that strategic goals are grounded in operational reality. Ensure PT members are leveraged appropriately in contributing to product strategy and making decisions.
- Where designated by PL, effectively manage and coordinate team activities and collaborate with share services functions (Legal, IP, Procurement, IR, etc).
- Work closely with the PL to ensure effective and productive collaboration with Gilead 1690 PT members, grounded in mutual respect and collaboration, and in close collaboration with the Alliance Management and Project Management.
- Implement best practices across the respective development programs.
Who are you?
Education & Experience Requirements
- Extensive understanding of the drug development process (across all Product Development disciplines)
- Strong integrity and ethical approach to work
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and tactically
- Experience of leading cross functional teams
- Significant experience in the US Biotech/Pharma Industry and well-established network in Boston/Cambridge Biotech and Pharma community
- Advanced scientific or medical degree
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Experience across multiple stages of drug development
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, build alignment and trust among individuals with diverse backgrounds
- Can operate effectively across organizational boundaries
- Embraces change and can support others to move through change
Other Job Requirements
Able to travel globally as necessary. Frequent travel to Europe and across US is expected (20-30% of the time).
What’s in it for you ?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos : together we can make it happen…!