Associate Director Value & Market Access Nordics
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices in Europe in Belgium (Mechelen), France (Romainville + Paris), the Netherlands (Leiden), Switzerland (Basel), Italy (Milano), Spain (Madrid), UK (London), Germany (München), the Nordics and in US (Boston).
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
We are looking for an Associate Director Value & Market Access for the Nordics (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland).
Location: flexible within the Nordics region.
Scope of the job
The Associate Director Value & Market Access will be responsible for a broad range of Market Access (MA) matters to secure and maintain market access for Galapagos’ product portfolio in Sweden (primarily), Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland.
In this role you will manage MA strategy and planning, tenders, pricing, value demonstration, reimbursement matters, and health economic analysis together with the rest of the Nordic MA team in Stockholm, Copenhagen and Oslo (5 people). In this role you will work closely together with other Galapagos functions, and also spend time interacting with key external stakeholders (e.g. authorities, payers, clinical experts).
- MA strategy and payer & stakeholder management
- Helps develop and implement the Nordic Market Access, Reimbursement and Tender strategy across therapeutic areas
- Develops and manages reimbursement dossiers for national payers across the region
- Manages and develops payer and other key stakeholder relations,
- Develops and implements tactics to drive formulary placement where applicable,
- Develops and implements of stakeholder group advocacy as a tactic to drive pricing and reimbursement success
- Follows health care policy development across the Nordic region and prepares and presents Galapagos Nordic policy projects.
- Development and communication of market access tool and materials
- Develops and communicates value stories, value messages and value tools to external and internal audiences
- Develops or adapt (often together with external vendors) cost-effectiveness models, budget impact models, and other health economic models
- Communicates cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses to national and/or regional/local stakeholders
- Understands and utilizes medical and epidemiological information to prepare supportive documents for negotiations with various stakeholders in the reimbursement, pricing and budget processes
- Assesses and occasionally plans outcomes research and health economics studies and data collections projects.
- Conducts tender scenario planning, return on investment analysis, preparing and recommending price and discount levels internally
- Managing tender horizon scanning, submissions and contracts
- Develops local pricing proposals consistent with the global pricing strategy and manages price notifications, reference pricing procedures, et cetera
- Manages and develops relations with tender and pricing authorities (e.g. Amgros).
Who are you?
- Master of Science or PhD degree in Economics, Health Economics, Business studies, Medicine, Pharmacy, or another relevant subject
- Robust experience from market access and/or health economics work in the industry,
- Solid understanding of MA processes and the goals and strategies of payers and other stakeholders in Sweden
- An analytical mindset and quantitative analysis skills,
- Excellent understanding of the Swedish reimbursement system / Basic understanding of the reimbursement systems in the other Nordic countries
- Listens actively and responds constructively to needs and views of others
- Capability to network, build strong and credible relationships and build alliances among MA and payer stakeholders
- Meets or exceeds expectations and exhibits a sense of urgency on critical time-dependant issues
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize,
- Persists despite obstacles and opposition
- Self-drive to identify, initiate and implement projects and processes to address issues.
- The role will require some travelling; primarily within Nordics (our estimate: 1 day every 2 weeks), and occasionally to Europe (primarily to London, UK).
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate in English both orally and in writing are required - any other language is an advantage
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos, we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!