Associate Director - Value & Market Access – Italy
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices throughout Europe.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
Our Italian Market Access team is already quickly expanding, so we are looking for the Associate Director V&MA Italy based in Milan!
Scope of the job
As V&MA you will have the accountability to contribute to the pricing strategy at national and subnational level, implement the product value proposition, support for formulary inclusion at regional and hospital level and support the projects implementation within the V&MA team. You will also interact with medical and commercial department and be an active part in team development. In this role you will be point of contact for the global team concerning the activities and projects related to our product, contributing, translating and implementing the strategies and projects by adapting the initiatives that best suits the Italian context.
You contribute to the accounts planning and interact with different stakeholders. You work closely together with the medical department to focus on the scientific approach in the benefit of the patients.
- Contribute to pricing analysis and national market access plan;
- Contribute to build economic models (budget impact models and cost effectiveness models);
- Prepare and build, in coordination with the field team, the dossier for formulary inclusion;
- Contribute for AIFA interactions;
- Contribute to the team meetings;
- Interact and contribute with global team to adapt and customized global projects
- Apply account management approach, consultative selling skills, and clinical expertise to enhance our business and build support for Filgotinib.
- Demonstrates high impact negotiation skills in all customer environments to deliver business outcomes.
- Ensure a close cooperative productive working relationship with colleagues in other teams e.g. other Commercial, Medical etc. to manage opportunities to ensure the successful implementation of all possible synergies
- Fulfill customer requests for information and/or expertise by coordinating with the appropriate resources within the business or team.
- Anticipate macro trends and shifts in the marketplace which trigger customer strategy review and utilise this knowledge to help the shaping or reshaping of strategical and operational frames.
- Proactively seeks to understand competitor activities, strategies, and programs and ensure that this competitive intelligence is shared broadly within the organisation;
- Identify and propose a policy initiative plan accordingly with Company Global plan and objectives.
Who are you?
- Preferably scientific/economical profile who is able to think and act on a master/bachelor level
- Previous experience in pricing strategy & market access;
- Experienced in participating and interacting with global
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical or medical sales processes and procedures.
- At least 7 years of experience in similar role (pricing strategy and market access)
- Pharmacoeconomic knowledge (building and adapting BIA and CEA)
- Top level communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- project management and x-functional work skills
- Strong influential leadership skills with the ability to manage stakeholders on different levels
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
- Drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate and an action-oriented work ethic.
- Ability to think strategically & execute tactically
- Good knowledge of national Health system at regional and local level (financing approach, health care policy approach, account healthcare service organisation);
- Ability to work cross functionally and project management;
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company where you will be able to help the shaping of the completely new Italian team and approach. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!