Associate Director Public Affairs - Italy
Pleased to meet you, we are Galapagos, a dynamic fast growing Biotech company with offices throughout Europe.
We’re in the business of changing lives. In our quest to discover and develop life-improving medicines we go where no one has ever gone before. In every challenge we face, we see new opportunities. We want to challenge the impossible. We need thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters. Collaborative innovators and perseverant idealists. We need the best-in-class. In other words, we need you: The ‘make-it-happeners’.
Our Italian Market Access team is already quickly expanding, so we are looking for Associate Director Public Affairs.
Scope of the job
The Policy, Market & Patient Access function at Galapagos is responsible for payer and disease policy and engagement level, with focus on external engagement and local activities that build strong relationships and opportunities for patient access for Galapagos. This person will work with local market teams to continue to drive change and to improve access to innovative pipeline agents developed by Galapagos. The PM&P Associate Director will be essential in shaping the market for the future of Galapagos and our products.
- Lead and drive the integrated global Galapagos access strategy and develop and co-create with other functions and external stakeholders solutions that ensure Galapagos can deliver rapid, broad and sustainable access to our innovative offerings.
- Develop strategic policy plans to advance regulatory policy issues and engage regulatory authorities in cooperation with cross-functional colleagues.
- Assist and advise the leadership team on policy issues including establishing priorities, and developing and executing regulatory policy advocacy plans.
- Provide leadership to our commercial, medical and market access teams on policy issues including: establishing priorities, and developing and executing policy plans, mapping of stakeholder and influence networks, and crafting the engagement plan to activate these stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively and strategically cooperate across Galapagos functions, and externally with key partners to provide regulatory and safety policy perspective on key issues.
- Ensure that Galapagos market access and pricing activities reinforce overall product strategy and company performance objectives.
- Monitor, analyse, and anticipate change in the regulatory environment, including their impact on Galapagos’ policy strategy.
- Ensure that Galapagos is up-to-date on all macro-level policy and market access and pricing evolutions across customer and payer archetypes globally.
- Provide comment on clinical and economic evidence requirements to better enable timely access and payer coverage for new and existing technologies.
- Develop issue briefs and background materials reflecting Galapagos positions and analyses with internal and external stakeholders.
Who are you?
- You are a professional preferably with an MBA or other graduate degrees.
- You have at least 7 years public policy/relations, payer, market access or other related experience in the consulting, government relations, trade, and international biopharmaceutical industry.
- You are someone who has a deep understanding of global systems-level and product-level market access systems and barriers to broader use of medications.
- You have excellent project management skills in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to identify challenges and problems and to take initiative to find solutions in a tangible and ethical manner. In doing so you must be confident in your ability to thrive in ambiguity and to communicate effectively with external stakeholders in a way that upholds the values and ambitions of our company.
- Last but not least, you have the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary setting, acting as a creator and facilitator to drive fulfillment of strategic goals.
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
- Drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate and an action-oriented work ethic
- Ability to think strategically & execute tactically
- Good knowledge of national Health system at regional and local level (financing approach, health care policy approach, account healthcare service organisation)
- Ability to work cross functionally and project management
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a fast growing and amazing company where you will be able to help the shaping of the completely new Italian team and approach. As ‘make-it-happener’ you will get all the support you need to make your job successful. At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
We are Galapagos: together we can make it happen…!